• In the Spotlight:

What kind of meat do you feed your 1 year old?

I am just wondering what meat you feed your 1 year old. I have been doing good with fruits and ok with veggies, but i have no clue what meats are good for him...thanks

8firsttimemom8

Asked by 8firsttimemom8 at 2:46 PM on Jul. 11, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Any meats you eat are fine for him too! Just make sure you cut very tiny pieces! And if it's red meat, make sure it's cooked thoroughly. Spaghetti with meat sauce is a good start, chicken is always a fave, and tuna is good too (no more than twice a week though, they say).
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 2:52 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I feed my 15 month old any kind of meat. He prefers chicken and fish though. I don't think he likes the texture of hamburger because he spits it out half the time! But I started him on chicken at about 8 months-ish and he's been eating meat ever since.
    YzmaRocks

Answer by YzmaRocks at 3:15 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I give ground turkey and hamburger with pasta dishes. White meat chicken nuggets cut up. Fish Sticks (I get these ones at Costco called "The Ultimate Fish Stick" that is actually just chunks of fish lightly breaded...very yummy). White fish is good...in pasta or on its own. Tuna with pasta or on bread.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 3:50 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I've always felt a little weird offering my son meat since I was a vegetarian for many years, but I eat meat on occasion now. I offer my son chicken which he really likes, and the other day he had some (red) meat sauce with pasta. he has also tried turkey (deli) meat sandwiches.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 6:14 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• sorry to steal the spotlight OP! But I see many of the responses say "fish"...so it is ok then to offer fish to a 14 month old? as far as I know there are no fish allergies in my family. I love salmon and it's always in the house, so I wouldnt mind making him a salmon burger.... mmmmm =)
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 6:16 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• i give my DD bites of what i eat all the time and she's 12 months. she's had deli meat (not much), hamburger, chicken, sausage, fish (including tuna) and i gave her some imitation crab earlier. i'm sure she's had others but that's all i'm certain she's had. she isn't a picky eater and has ate everything i've gave her.
    Tarable525

Answer by Tarable525 at 6:35 PM on Jul. 11, 2009