Breastfeeding and Late Periods

I on-demand breastfeed(as I have since day 1) my 11 month old son. He eat solids, drinks from a sippy and all that other good stuff. My period returned 4 months PP. It has been regular since 6 months PP coming between the 3rd-6th every month. I am now a week late. Two negative HPTs. I want to chalk it all up to a hormone fluctuation or my body still adjusting to some kind of norm. Any of you in a similar sitch past or present? Results, outcome? Input appreciated!

Thank ya!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:56 PM on Jul. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Periods can be irregular while breastfeeding. If your baby nursed more it could cause a delayed or missed period. This might happen because of a growth spurt, ear infection, after immunization, or othe illness.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:03 PM on Jul. 11, 2009