Is there something wrong with me?

This is a bit of a to much information question but when I have bowel movement its like I am constipated all the time. This didn't start happening to me until my son was born. I have tried everything to help...drank water, juice, taken stool softners. Is this normal? My son is now 6 months.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:04 PM on Jul. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• you just have to eat more veggis and that will help you a lot and try exercising

looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 3:06 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Yeah, it sounds like you are constipated. Try miralax. I have found that works better than just a stool softener. Those hurt my stomach. Miralax is much gentler and doesnt cramp and works fairly quickly. Good luck.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 3:09 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Did you have a c-section? If you did you just may want to ask a doctor about your constipation. There could be slight chance it could be scar tissue building up after the surgery. Just a thought to keep in mind if it gets worse.
    TessLouise

Answer by TessLouise at 3:12 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I may need to talk to the dr then cuz its been going on for just about 6 months now. And yes I had a c-section.
    Anonymous

• Talk to your Dr about Senna Tea it is a natural laxative and it helps people who are on narcotics (not junkies but people who are prescribed narcotics) it also helps cancer patients. Its all natural and it will get you "moving" quickly you can get it at any "whole foods" store or "wild oats" or what ever store you have near you.
    Alie1313

Answer by Alie1313 at 3:52 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I would mention it to the doctor. I'd also increase fiber intake, and possibly see a gastroenterologist if your doc thinks it is warranted. What's your diet like?
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 3:57 PM on Jul. 11, 2009