would you be mad?

I'm 8 1/2 months pregnant and am trying to figure out if I'm mad cause what he said or if its just hormones. so today I looked on craigslist and found a possible nanny job. it didn't say anything about the pay on it so I told him I'd probably ask for $350 to $400 a month. I know its not much, but it does help out. well my fiance said I thought you were gonna look for a job. that's a huge rip off. I told him that the kid would be gone by 4 so I could still get something after that. his response was well yeah you can still get a part time job. I guess I'm mad cause he didn't say one of us can. he made it sound like I have to be the one to get a part time job. true he will be working full time in the morning but if I get this I will have an infant a 15 month old and a 3 year old. that's work too buddy!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:18 PM on Jul. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• Ugh, men just don't see it as work! It's such a problem in our society today, we don't put enough emphasis on the importance of mothering. I don't know how mad I would get, but I would be upset and being pregnant would only make it worse. You have every right to feel insulted.
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 3:20 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I wouldn't hire you as a nanny if you already had 2 kids of your own and ready to drop one as we speak. Try selling Tupperware
    Anonymous

• does he know how much you will be charged for daycare if you get a job? Or does he plan on watching the kids while you work?
    Anonymous

• Who better to be a nanny than a mother.....IMO

I understand you being upset but men are clueless when it comes to what we SAHM's do all day. I think that would be a good job for you, then you'd still be able to be with your own kids....and any extra income is helpful.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 3:35 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• OP HERE - well the posting said the woman wants someone with a kid her daughter can play with.. otherwise no we would put our kids in daycare, at least til 1:30 when he gets off work... but still 2 in daycare and one if them being under 1... yeah that will be a nice chunk out of our pocket even if we get state help...
    Anonymous

• OP again - I will have two of my own when the mother needs a nanny. my son and the one I'm pregnant with... the 15 month old is the one I'd be watching.
    Anonymous

• A nanny with a newborn of her own? You couldn't pay me to watch my kids. You need to give your own children your attention.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 9:52 PM on Jul. 11, 2009