How early is to early

i was just wondering i just had my baby the 15th and he passed away the 16th and it was a c section. so how early is to early to try again? i mean i know were not ready for one but just had to ask

thehippiebaby

Asked by thehippiebaby at 3:35 PM on Jul. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I think you should ask your doctor he may tell you to wait depending on the reason behind the loss... how far along you were when you delivered.. sorry for your loss and goodluck in the future.
    Anonymous

• I think a lot of OB's would tell you that it's best to wait a year for your section scar to heal, but you might consider talking to some midwives. They usually have more up to date and pertinent info. I hope you give your heart a good long time to heal too. God bless.
    EmKirk

Answer by EmKirk at 3:38 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I'm very sorry about what happened, I couldn't begin to imagine. My mom lost hers due to SIDS when she was 3 months old. Then she has three miscarriages after. She started trying again right away because she wanted her baby back. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with her body just not being ready yet, but I'd be careful.

I would wait at least 6 months to allow time for not only for your scar to heal, but also so that you give your body time because if you get pregnant too soon, even though the scar seems to be healed, your uterus could rupture because of the pressure of labor.

I would try exactly 6 months from then for best chance of a VBAC, but you should really speak with a doctor and possibly a therapist before trying for another baby.
    ours

Answer by ours at 3:53 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I am so sorry for your loss. At your 6wk checkup I would ask the ob/gyn how long they think you should wait.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 4:47 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• thank yall for the answers and i was just asking cause i know there are moms out there that losed their little angels to. but i know i need time for both my body and heart to heal.
    thehippiebaby

Answer by thehippiebaby at 4:59 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I actually lost my twins at 20 weeks gestation and I wanted to start again as soon as their original due date passed. The doctor recommend I wait at least that long if not longer to make sure I was emotionally okay, not just physically. Your doctor should be great support for you. Also, the hospital I was at had a bereavement counselor and a group of moms who lost their babies. That was great help as well. Only you will know when you are really ready.
    beckyhedrick

Answer by beckyhedrick at 5:41 PM on Jul. 11, 2009