Would you let your significant other do this?

So a guy comes up to my boyfriend at work and asks him if he has ever modeled, my bf hasnt so the guy gives him his card and tells him to email him some pictures. We check out the guys website and everything seems legit so he sends him the pictures, the guy says he looks great and he is going to set up some photo shoots. This was like a month ago and the guy came up to my bf again at work and said he has a hustler photo shoot for him, nude with other nude models. He wants to do it and I am not sure how to react. I mean we need the money but posing nude? I am afraid if I say no then a huge fight will follow. But then I dont really know what I am worried about as long as he doesnt go any further than the shoot with the other models. Should I be worried? He is 22, we have a son, but still he is 22. This is like plaguing my consience.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:47 PM on Jul. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• OMG, something like that happened to my SO!!! Listen, before you let him do it LOOK INTO IT! It could be a TOTAL scam! And your SO could end up plastered all over the internet. Mine didn't want to do it after some of the questions the guy was asking him, even before he gave him the card, but seriously.... look into it.
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 3:49 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I dont see the harm in letting him do it, as long as it doesnt go any further than the nude photos, but if it truely bothers you tell him that. You need to sit him down and talk with him about everything.
    Anonymous

• Seeing something in our immediate future is always hard when finances are involved. What you have to look at is 10 yrs down the road. What do you both expect to do with your life? Example: Politics.....but just use this as an example. It cld be any job. Let's just say 10, 15,20 yrs down the road (b-cause you both WILL change, I guarantee it) some fantastic opportunity comes up but "requires a background check". Or they will do one before you take that great job or career ( YOU NEVER KNOW!) The internet is Endless and these things WILL come back.

Is the money that important? There are other ways of making money. Ebay is great! And you don't have to sell a part of your body!

I'm 47 now. I look back & am thankful I did not do anything foolish that cld haunt me. I haven't finished my life yet and I still don't know where I'm going to be in 15 yrs! I have high expectations.
    So sld both of you!
    gr-mom2

Answer by gr-mom2 at 3:54 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I agree with the first poster. There are SOOOOOOOO many "modeling" scammers out there it is crazy! My friend was approached at the mall by a guy who said he was a modeling agent. He gave her his card and everything and she checked into and it all seemed legit. He e-mailed her and told her to get some headshots and stuff done and send them to him and that the company would reemburse her for the costs. So she did. Cost her like $300 total I think. She sent the guy the pictures and he said he would start giving them out to companies and he would let her know when he got a reply. She never got any money back for the photos she had taken and the guy's-email address is not longer valid. He has her photos (thank god none of them were nude) and she has no idea who else does either.I would say no. Its too risky and even if he is legit, its just not worth it to me.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 3:56 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Tell him not to do it only because like the first poster said, it is more than likely just a scam. They get his consent by having him sign a release form and they do a photo shoot and the pics are there's to do whatever!!! and it would really suck to have your face plastered on all those random online porn sites. He has a child and should be concerned with how this could effect his child in the future and himself. Once on the Internet it's there for life. I believe they will only pay your boyfriend for the photo shoot and he will not profit from it after that the agency that he signed the waiver or consent form with will profit from here on out and there's nothing you can do about it once you sign. Read the fine print and ask lots of questions and get it in writing before he makes a decision.

If it was a legit modeling agency then yeah, why not.

Anonymous

• If it seems too good to be true, likely it is. The modeling scam is one of the oldest there is. Don't let vanity and wanting money sway your or his good judgment. If he wants to go into modeling he should go through a reputable agent. Nude modeling, especially, is asking for trouble.

Answer by Bmat at 4:06 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• same thing happened to my SO and the guy gave him offers to do some modeling pics and then the last option was nude and my SO got creeped out and just said he didnt want to be bothered by him anymore so the guy followed him from work all the way to his house...I say no dont...qnyone can put together a website
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 4:09 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• One shoot turns into and whole bunch of shoots and you will lose in this one why or another. DON'T DO IT........
    Anonymous

• this is a scam. my best friend fell into this and boy did she pay for it! so much went wrong. i would tell more, but to protect her privacy this is as far as i will go. please tell him not to do it. and to do total research on it. people are going around doing it here asking people about photo shoots etc... DO NOT! they will tell you everything you want to hear and so on. just dont.
    Jmain8

Answer by Jmain8 at 4:34 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Sure, I'd let him do it.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:04 PM on Jul. 11, 2009