I didn't get any answers for my last question

but I'm sure as long as months don't go by with me still bleeding, I'll be fine.

Anyway, should I expect my period about 28 days (my cycle length) after I stop bleeding from a miscarriage or 28 days after the miscarriage starts because it's been 16 days. I'm just worried because I know that I could not handle another pregnancy again so soon after miscarrying and won't be on BC until a couple weeks from now. We've used protection for the couple times that I've actually felt like it since then, but of course there is always a chance that it could happen.

Please any advice or experience will help.

ours

Asked by ours at 3:47 PM on Jul. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I can't even really remember what happened after my mc, there was so much going on...
    I'd say that everyone is different and your Dr can give you a roundabout answer but that doesn't mean it's set in stone. Just be careful because you will be fertile.
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 3:50 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I know this isn't the same thing, but my period started two weeks after I stopped bleeding when I had both of my sons. If you called your OBGYN they would have a better answer for you. Sorry for your loss.
    StifflersMom82

Answer by StifflersMom82 at 3:54 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I know that I should have asked the OB, and was totally going to do it, but once they started asking questions about how I was doing I melted and completely forgot all that I was worrying about.

I'll be going in again soon, but I just wanted some general answers or examples.
    ours

Answer by ours at 3:55 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Be sure to continue to use protection. Condoms (him) and contraceptive foam (her) together are what used to be recommended. Ask your doctor.

Answer by Bmat at 4:02 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• well if you dont want to get pregnant dont have sex till you get on bc thats the best way to prevent it, whats more important your health mind and body or sex? honestly just refrain from it...
    Anonymous

• It's different for everyone I got my period the following month after my miscarriage. I miscarried Nov 20 and got my period around the 18 or 19th of December. I did call my doctor b/c I thought it was too soon and extremely heavy; lasted for almost a week. He said it was normal and to expect it to be that way for a couple of months. You don't have to refrain from sex just use protection (condoms) and you should be set, of course you'll never know what the Lord has in store for the two of you. Take care!
    Gelijones

Answer by Gelijones at 4:36 PM on Jul. 11, 2009