have you ever used a potable

crib from a hotel?

Are they like a play pen or an actual crib? and are they clean?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:50 PM on Jul. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I did, a long time ago. It was the height of a crib but about half the size. I think I had disinfectant wipes and wiped it down. The sheets I assumed were as clean as the sheets on the bed.

Answer by Bmat at 3:54 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• They are high as a crib, but half as long.
    StifflersMom82

Answer by StifflersMom82 at 3:55 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• They suck I use to work at a hotel and there not cleaned they take the sheets off and fold them up and put them in a closet until someone requests one. I would go and get or bring your own porta-crib with you.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 4:01 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I would just but a pack-n-play for $50 and use that. I used to work for a hotel and the cribs weren't the best things out there.
    SLGross215

Answer by SLGross215 at 4:26 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I did back in January 1989 up in Maine. It was like a small playpen for the hotel we stayed at and wasn't too bad, but I kept my baby in bed with me anyway since there were two beds and there was enough room for her to sleep with me.
    If you need to use one and cannot afford to buy or transport a Pac-N-Play then bring a can of Lysol and your own sheets & blankies for your own peace of mind.
    ♥
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 4:38 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• No, I have never used one

I am to scared. They are for the most part uninspected and if there is a recall the hotel is unaware.
    There was a 20/20 special on the number of deaths and near deaths attributed to portable cribs in hotels/motels/inns.

I also know how messy my child can be and there is no way I would be certain the bed is completely sanitized. A decent pack and play is only 30 dollars or less if you don't care that it is last years hot color. They take up the amt of room a gym bag might when put away. See if you can borrow someone you trusts or get one second hand and clean it yourself.
    pmgmorgan

Answer by pmgmorgan at 5:23 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I did get it. But I don't think I used it. It was small, our child slept with us instead. I would recommend a play pen.

PinkRose282

Answer by PinkRose282 at 12:02 AM on Jul. 12, 2009