• In the Spotlight:

I want some peoples opinions on this situation?

There is a lady that lives across the street from me and my husband about a little over two months a go she left her husband and young son because she said she fell in love with a woman a week after she left him he shot himself the whole neighborhood is suspicious about the whole thing now she is moving back in the house and using the money she got to fix it up what is everyones opinion on this it bothers everyone around here that she would even sow her face around here especially with her lady friend.

MoMMyto2971

Asked by MoMMyto2971 at 3:55 PM on Jul. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• So she got his life insurance money? Sounds fishy to me. It's hard to say without knowing the whole story.
    StifflersMom82

Answer by StifflersMom82 at 3:56 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Sounds like something out of a lifetime movie to me....
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 3:58 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Yeah she got life insurance money because he was in the military and there was nothing in it about suicide
    MoMMyto2971

Answer by MoMMyto2971 at 4:20 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• If anyone was suspicious they would have done something already. I'm guess she had a good alibi an dthere is nothing that could be done about her getting his money. Only thing is Most insurance companies won't pay off in suicide cases. Maybe she is using his savings and 401 k etc. that she would have gotten no matter how he died.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 4:22 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• hmmm...If she wasn't with him when it happened, then she is probably just a little insensitive.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 4:54 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• If you think she might have killed him, talked to the police. Her behavior is insensitive for her to be so open about moving in and using the money to fix up the house and moving on like nothing happened. There is no crime in that. You will just have to avoid her.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 5:10 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Military men seem hard core but they are truly sensitive people. I'm sorry he took that route but many do. So what do you want her to do, sell her house and move away bc you don't like who she fell in love with? Would it have been better if she left him for a man? That's her home. That's the money he left her to live off of. He could have changed his will. He chose not to. She has a right to live her life even though he chose not to live his. Sad but true.
    Anonymous

• I think it is sad, but really none of the neighbors business.
    Allie428

Answer by Allie428 at 1:49 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• I have to add some details that I left out she was there when it happened for some reason it happened at 12 am and two days after it happened they were over there ripping up the carpet and painting the inside and cleaning it up and she had him cremated I did notify the police but by then they had already cleaned up all the evidence and she had the nerve to bring her girlfriend to the funeral and by the way I am not against gay people I have lots of gay family members my husband is strongly against it but not me
    MoMMyto2971

Answer by MoMMyto2971 at 7:23 AM on Jul. 12, 2009