Anti Adoption? Huh?

Someones signature I just saw.... (you know the ones that say "I'm a formula feeding, college graduate, ex-nurse, pro-spanking...etc..etc" you get the picture ---

one on the list was "anti adoption"..........

I don't get it?
I understand anti abortion - but anti adoption?!?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:06 PM on Jul. 11, 2009 in General Parenting

• IDK. Why don't you message the mom and ask her what she meant?

Answer by tyfry7496 at 4:16 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I KNOW! I have never met someone who's anti-adoption. I don't understand how it's even possible. If abortion isn't an option, but you don't want to or can't keep your baby...wtf are you supposed to do?
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 4:22 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Abortion is an option though. Maybe she meant she's not for giving up for adoption, but would rather abort if she were in that place?? Just ask. I'm not a big fan of adoption myself. But it is how it is.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 4:39 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Some people feel adoption is equal to buying/selling a child. *shrug* I don't get it, myself.

If a child needs a mom and the BM can't/won't take responsibility, adoption is a logical alternative.

mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 5:25 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I would send a personal message to that Mom, hard to interpret where she is coming from.....maybe she was adopted herself?
    lucindamartinez

Answer by lucindamartinez at 5:48 PM on Jul. 11, 2009