• In the Spotlight:

Hormones after Pregnancy

I used to have perfect skin before I got prego. Then when I was pregnant, I started breaking out- on my chest, shoulders, back, and face. After I had my baby, it cleared a little bit, but 6 months later, I still have some on my forehead and shoulders. I use products to control it, but I dont want to have to use them for the rest of my life! Is this caused by hormones? Will it ever go away? I am Breastfeeding still, if that makes a difference.

serioussifL

Asked by serioussifL at 4:20 PM on Jul. 11, 2009 in General Parenting

• JPs mommy is right. I had some serious acne when Joli was around 9 mos old. It was TERRIBLE. My skin has not been the same since having babies--I get acne a lot more often then I ever used to. Ever since that 9 month point though, I haven't had any major breakouts. Your body will regulate its hormones again, despite weaning or not weaning. You know I'm still nursing Joli, and my hormones seem pretty back in order. Keep in mind that birth control can majorly effect these things also . . .
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 8:49 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• If you're breastfeeding, then you're hormones are still being released higher than normal, so yes, that may have something to do with it. But don't forget, skin changes throughout our lifetime - it may never be like what you had pre-pregnancy.
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 4:38 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• BF does make a difference. Your hormones will be constantly fluctuating but it will get better after you wean
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 4:39 PM on Jul. 11, 2009