Do you know anyone who is anti-adoption?

If so...please explain the logic to me, because I just can't see it.

If you're against abortion, fine. Don't get one. But if you still just can't keep your baby and can't raise it for whatever reason...what are you supposed to do if you're against adoption?

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 4:23 PM on Jul. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I don't believe I have met anyone who is anti-adoption.
    I suppose there are people who would have strong feelings about an outsider adopting a distant niece or nephew, but if they cared so much, then they should have cared for them.
    There are also people I think who have strong feelings about Americans adopting outside of their race because it isn't fair to the child.

If I were younger and had taken the adoption route, I would have first become a foster parent taking in kids of all ages and perhaps have adopted the ones who had no homes or relatives to go back to if that is what they wanted. Older kids want to be adopted and loved, too, and feel as if they belong to a family.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 4:29 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• As an adoptive parent I've met people who seem to be anti-adoption. Some of them are people involved with or touched personally by adoption who've had a bad experience but others are people who are quite ignorant of adoption and thinks its ALWAYS best for children to stay in their biological families. Some people feel birth mothers are selfish and irresponsible to place their children and that they're taking the easy way out (nothing could be further from the truth) and a lot of times adoptive parents are seen as "baby theives."
    MommyAddie

Answer by MommyAddie at 4:37 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I myself couldn't go through with an adoption. And I do not want another child. So, I would have to seriously consider an abortion instead. I probably couldn't go through with an abortion either so I would have to raise the baby and resent it.

But, really, people who don't want to have children, or more children, should do what is necessary to avoid conceiving a child.

I would however be open to the idea of being a surrogate. I could easily give a baby to its biological parents. It is my own flesh and blood I couldn't give away.
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 4:43 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Oh, I don't want to go through the baby stage again. That is the biggest reason why I don't want to have another child of my own. But I would love, in a few years when we are more financially secure, to adopt a child close to my daughter's age at the time. That would probably be around 5 or 6 yoa and they need good homes too.
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 4:47 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Oh MY, I thought you meant if you adopted a child and realized the child was a monster
    and gave them back.
    pmgmorgan

Answer by pmgmorgan at 5:18 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• There are several on here. You'll see. Usally it's a bmom who regrets her decision so they think everyone else should if they do it too.I've even heard them say that women are forced to even though no one put a gun to their heads and made them sign away.But you'll get some of these moms who will fill up five answer coulomns trying to defend. And over explain everything.I saw some of them telling another mom 8 mos prego by rape who was choosing adoption not to do it when she already had a family picked out and needed support. Not a guilt trip. I say this isn't the 1950's.I am a bmom myself and am totally for adoption if it is truly best for the child.
    Anonymous