what does it feel like when the baby's moving?

I'm 17.5 weeks pregnant with my first baby and I don't know what I'm suppose to feel. I do feel something but I don't know if it's the baby or what.

gabrielatrevino

Asked by gabrielatrevino at 4:31 PM on Jul. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• At first it's like little flutters.... like gas bubbles. I remember the midwife told me that I would probably just think it was gas at first lol. Even now, sometimes when I do have some gas bubbles, it reminds me of how it felt when the baby was moving while I was preggo
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 4:32 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• When you first start feeling the baby move (a little after 20 weeks for me) it sort of feels like you have gas. But as the baby gets bigger and more active you can tell. I'm at 30 weeks and I can feel him turning over, I can feel his head or butt (can't tell which is which) I can feel a foot when he is kicking me, it feels like the shape of a foot. I watch my tummy move. It feels like a baby kicking and elbowing and punching and kneeing and headbutting and what not. It is a reassuring feeling knowing hes ok in there... its annoying when you have a head stuck in your ribs and I want him to MOVE DOWN and then of course he does and he is SOO heavy on the bottom it kinda hurts. But its wonderful. Its unforgettable. Its amazing.
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 4:47 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• In the beginning for me it felt like someone tapping me on my belly only from the inside. Or sometimes like a bubble gum bubble popping. Towards the end it felt like I had an alien trying to claw its way out of me! lol
    mrsbvader

Answer by mrsbvader at 8:22 PM on Jul. 11, 2009