What would you do if you found money?

I found some money on the ground of a parking lot it was $16.00 to be exact nothing that was going to make me rich. It was beside a car but it very well could have been there when the other people got out to go into the store so don't know who's it was. I feel alittle guilty now even though it was a small amount and I really could have used it. If this had been you what would you have done? This was a busy parking lot! Also I don't know who got out of the car.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:34 PM on Jul. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My roomies in college and I once found $15 dollars in the parking lot of the dollar store. No cars around it, just in the middle of the lane where cars drive. So we each got $5 to spend.
    I've lost money before, once it was $170!!! I'm sure whoever found it has put it to good use.
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 4:37 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• If I knew who it belonged to I would give it to them otherwise I would keep it
    Anonymous

• If I felt guilty just taking it, I would have asked the customer service to page the license of the car. When the party arrived, ask them if they are missing anything. Even if they say money, if they don't have the exact answer but are in the ballpark and seem honest, I'd give it back. If I didn't have that time, I think I would leave it there if my conscience bothered me. I don't think there is anything wrong with taking it though. It's a judgement call and one only you could have made. If I had taken it (and I might have, depending on the day, clarity of mind etc.), I would have considered it a gift from above!
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 4:48 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I would have kept it....you weren't going to be able to find out who it belonged to. Just take it as a sign...you were meant to have it.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 7:58 PM on Jul. 11, 2009