Where is the evidence of giants and who were 'the sons of God'?

Genesis 6:4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown

IhartU

Asked by IhartU at 4:40 PM on Jul. 11, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I don't really personally have a problem believing in Giants. I don't think they looked like a cyclops or a mythological "Fi-Fye-Fo-Fum" creature, but that they were unusually tall. We have unusually tall people today (Robert Waldow was 8'11''). Goliath was 9'9'' which isn't that much taller. So I personally don't have a problem believing that there was once a gene for "giants" LOL.

As far as the verse you quoted about, I will admit I don't know what it is saying exactly. Some people say that it was the "sons of God" are the sons of Shem, and the daughters of men were the daughters of Cain. And some people believe that they were angels (or demons). One reason for this belief is that the phrase "sons of God" is only used in the Old Testament to refer to angels.

But I am not sure what I believe. One thing that trips me out is that the verse implies that by their union the giants were created. Another thing
    cont.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 11:54 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• It is fiction,dear. Just fiction. Written by odinary men.
    Anonymous

• Google the term 'nephilim.'
    Anonymous

• You can find the evidence in the Rocky mountains...please go look.
    Anonymous

• "ODINary men"? haha..ironic typo, and funny play on words/gods-religion.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 4:48 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• The Nephilim were an antediluvian race (pre-flood) race which are referred to in the Bible as giants. They were reportedly the children born from the "daughters of men'', and the "Sons of God''.

So, then who were the 'sons of God'? Angels? Angels can fornicate and procreate with humans?
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 4:48 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• The Rocky Mountains? What evidence?
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 4:50 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• "ODINary men"

Sounds like a perfectly good answer to me ;)
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:52 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• oh dear, please don't cherry pick the bible. Read the next verses Gen 6;5-7 he like blotted them out and I am guessing he might have blotted out evidence as well? Big ol flood or something...

Now it is ok for you to not believe in the flood, but then you might want to not believe in the giants. If you believe in neither than you have answered your own question about the evidence.
    Anonymous

• go look i hartu, don't come back until you find it. deep deep in the rocky mountains...keep looking and looking and looking and looking and looking and if a pink bunny passes by with a drum then keep looking.
    Anonymous