spotty vision?

I'm 37 weeks pregnant and have had spotted vision for the past 1/2 hour. I've had this a few times in the past but its always gone away within 5 min. it won't clear up. I'm just curious if its a sign of something I need checked out now or if I can wait til my appointment on wednesday. thanks ladies

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:44 PM on Jul. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I am wondering did you do your diabetes screening where you drink the yucky orange drink?
    Anonymous

• yep all was fine... my blood pressure has never been an issue either. i just talked to someone from l&d and she said to lay down for another hour or so and if it doesnt go away that i should go get my blood pressure checked... it was at the point that i almost got in a few accidents on the car ride home. what do you think... take her advice and wait or just go?
    Anonymous

• you may have preclampsia because that is one of the signs for it
    katieBennett

Answer by katieBennett at 6:22 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I agree with Katiebennet, sounds like pre-eclampsia. If your going to try and wait it out try laying on your left side to see if it get's better. I would suggest you go into L&D and have them check your blood pressure. It can start all of a sudden. Do you have a headache?? Is there anyone that can take you? I wouldn't drive in that condition. Good luck and I hope you feel better and all is well.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 7:27 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Agree with katiebennett. My doc used to ask me all the time if I saw spots because I had some other warning signs of preeclampsia. Never saw them but I knew that I was suppose to call if I ever did. I would deffinatly go on in to l&d.
    mrsbvader

Answer by mrsbvader at 8:20 PM on Jul. 11, 2009