I have 3 young children ages 2-7 and I would like to find a book that discusses how to raise chidren with values and integrity. Any suggestions?

mommytu3

Asked by mommytu3 at 4:56 PM on Jul. 11, 2009 in General Parenting

• Role modeling is way better than book reading for raising kids with values and integrity. They will do what YOU do. Live your life with values and integrity, talk to them about the choices you make and why, and then leave it to them to do what comes natural - monkey see, monkey do.
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 5:01 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I forget who compiled the collection, but my parents gave me the Book of Virtues when I was younger. It's got some of Aesop's fables, some poems, some fairy tales, and they're all categorized: honesty, hard work, kindness, patience, etc etc.
    They are mostly short and would make GREAT bedtime stories.
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 5:12 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I think James dobson has books like "The strong willed child and such"It never hurts to read for ideas and take what you want from the book and add your own with it.
    Anonymous

• The bible... use the historical accounts as examples for your children, there are guidelines on how to live... teach your children the commandments in a way they can understand... no one person can tell you how to raise your children... God is the ultimate father, he alone can give you guidance in this area.
    amandal535

Answer by amandal535 at 8:12 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• The Bible
    Llamatron

Answer by Llamatron at 10:59 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Here are some great suggestions

Bedtime Stories of Torah Values
    G-d's Paintbrush
    3 Minute Middos Stories for Children

Answer by rkoloms at 10:20 AM on Jul. 12, 2009