Can God do anything?

SEEMS THESE VERSES SAY SO...

Jeremiah 32:27
Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for the Lord?;

Matthew 19:26, Mark 10:27
With God all things are possible.

Luke 1:37
For with God nothing shall be impossible.

Luke 18:27
The things which are impossible with men are possible with God.

*****

BUT HERE ARE SOME THAT SAY OTHERWISE...

Judges 1:19
And the Lord was with Judah; and he drave out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.

Mark 6:5
And he could there do no mighty work.

Hebrews 6:18
It was impossible for God to lie.

IhartU

Asked by IhartU at 4:58 PM on Jul. 11, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Hebrews 6:18
    It was impossible for God to lie

This is true. God is good. It would go against His very nature and His will for Him to lie. I don't think this makes Him any less powerful. I think it makes Him more powerful. He can't deny His nature. He can't be "bad." He is someone I can put my whole trust in, because He is not like me. He is strong. He is infallible.

This is important because the verses you gave above about how nothing is impossible for God, are there to show His children that when something is His will (what He wants to do) He will accomplish it. Just like bringing His children into the promised land, or blessing Abraham through Isaac, or being able to keep His word, and refusing to lie to us. All of the verses on both sides of this question show that God is someone you can trust and depend on. He only does what is good.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 5:31 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Sigh.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 4:59 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Go ahead and sigh all you want, but I've noticed twice now you have no answer for me.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 5:01 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I have answers, but why should I give them? You're angry and set on attacking believers. I'll leave you to your fun now.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 5:03 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• oh my dear--is that inner struggle pulling you closer to God again and you are trying to fight off His love with an abundance of question to only argue and prove to yourself what you know is true but are in denial about?
    Anonymous

I have to agree

-- and to all my Christians sisters I would just pray for her and not entertain her.

Anonymous

• I'm not attacking- I'm pointing things out and asking questions, and I see you're using the excuse of not wasting your time on me because you HAVE no answers.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 5:08 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Yes!! He can. He is so amazing!!! I encourage you to ask Him. (Pray about the verses you have questions about). He can give you a better answer than anyone on here can. (He knows your heart better than any of us do). Ask Him and see the results for yourself. =)
    marinewifey25

Answer by marinewifey25 at 5:08 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• To quote St. George:
    Can he create a rock so big that he can't lift it?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:11 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• To quote St. George:

YEP HE CAN! Becaus HE IS GOD!!!!
    Anonymous