Christians sisters, when you find yourself at an internal struggle to forgive

how to come to terms with the fact you need to forgive as God asked us to? If a person said mean things to your children how do you come to terms and let go?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:14 PM on Jul. 11, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• that would require time and patience and prayer. pray for the strength to be able to forgive hun.
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 5:17 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I agree with gottalovemal. Much time, patience, and prayer. Ask God to help you handle the forgiveness issue. Ask God for help whenever it begins to come back around in your thoughts. It it hard sometimes, but it can be done. I have had to forgive some really bad things, but God helped me do it. I am thankful! It is difficult to live with bitterness and unforgiveness. When I was able to finally forgive, it was as if a large weight was lifted off of my shoulders, one that I had no idea that I had carried for the largest portion of my life on this Earth. Be Blessed.
    lucindamartinez

Answer by lucindamartinez at 5:55 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• First ask God to help you to forgive. Being black, I have had to help my sons with this from time to time. It is really hard. But then again, you have to consider the source. If they are not Christian, then they are ruled by another and that helps a great deal. Pray they get saved and then you both will feel better. Otherwise just let it go. If God forgives and forgets, we should too.

Much Love
    Necie11

Answer by Necie11 at 6:11 PM on Jul. 11, 2009