Where would you go?

I want to make a journey to a religious place. I am Catholic so I am thinking either Mexico City or Rome.

Really I want to visit the Basilica of Our Lady of Guadalupe but for some reason I think I should prefer Rome. Have you been to either?

drink-lover

Asked by drink-lover at 5:47 PM on Jul. 11, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I've been to rome when I was 7 but not for religious reasons, I don't remember much but I did enjoy it
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 5:59 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• My parents have been to Rome. I think I have seen so many pictures of it and studied it so much it seems as if I have been there but I hear very little about Our Lady
    drink-lover

Answer by drink-lover at 5:49 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I would go to Rome, but I am not Catholic. I would also be interested in seeing the Coliseum. There is so much history there.

Mexico would probably be cheaper. Are you on a budget?
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 6:01 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Ooh both sound amazing. I'd prefer Rome though, just because it's on a completely different continent.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 6:09 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I would rather go to Ireland and see Stonehenge, but I am Pagan and I have always felt a draw from Ireland and Stonehenge.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 9:16 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• the holy land
    lawla

Answer by lawla at 9:40 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• ok, thanks. I was really only asking about the two i have selected as my final choice but thanks *confused*
    drink-lover

Answer by drink-lover at 10:13 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Cinnamon, my parents went there a few years ago and several sisters I have met over the years have beenthere. I have heard the cages the wild animals were kept in are still intact. I do think it would be great to visit Rome, but really I am leaning toward Mexico City because of the price. I can do Rome when my kids are out of college. My brother stopped over in Rome before going to Iraq.
    drink-lover

Answer by drink-lover at 10:17 PM on Jul. 11, 2009