How much research did you do/have you done?

How much did you research about pregnancy, labor, and delivery before birth? Or are you planning on doing? Did you look up different birth options or did you know what you wanted right from the beginning? Did you make a birth plan or do you intend to?

I did a lot of research the first time around, not so much yet with this one. I know more of what I want this time and I have more of an idea of what to expect. I do know that I would really like to give birth in a birth center instead of the hospital if possible!

YzmaRocks

Asked by YzmaRocks at 5:54 PM on Jul. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i did hardly any research w/ my son. i read what to expect when expecting, which sucks!!!! i had a hospital birth, and now looking back on it i'm very dissapointed.
    we're TTC now and i'm already doing LOTS of research. i know that i will be having a homebirth w/ a midwife next time. i'm still not ready for a UC; i don't have the support for that. but, i'm reading lots of books (and i hate to read), looking up anything i'm not fully understanding, and questioning a lot of what "mainstreamers" think is normal or safe.
    i was lucky that i wasn't induced w/ my son and now researching all the effects and what is actually consider a true reason for induction, i will never let someone induce me except if it's medically necessary nor will i be seeing an OB for any future pregnancies.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 10:28 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• With my DD I just read the what to expect book each week (whatever week I was lol), and I didnt have a birthing plan and I wont have one this time either. I am reading week by week this time do just for curiousity. But I think its best to just go with the flow. Ifs you have plans or expectations you could be let down so I think its best to just let nature take its course
    Anonymous

• Well me DH and I decided to wing it we havent done any research and we have 5 weeks left till my due date i am a littel scared but i trust in god enough to know everything will turn out fine.
    newmom183

Answer by newmom183 at 6:12 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I always knew i wanted to have a home birth and i have never been fond of doctors so now that I am having problems with the Dr i have been going to i found a midwife and I might go with her or i may have it unassisted. I trust my body and my ability enough to know that if i am left alone I will be fine. I want it to be as natural as possible and the less stressful the situation the easier it will be.
    Alie1313

Answer by Alie1313 at 6:18 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I've gone from wanting an epidural and giving birth in a hospital bed; To: Labor in a pool, epidural then deliver in bed. To: Labor in pool, no epidural, bed. To No epidural, labor and delivery in a pool. And I'm only 26 weeks pregnant!!! I'm trying to convince myself that it won't hurt. I feel that if I go into this blissfully ignorant, and telling myself I feel fine, then it'll alllll work out. :)
    momma_shuler

Answer by momma_shuler at 2:27 AM on Jul. 12, 2009