Catholic rosary question

I have over a dozen rosaries. I pray on them hard and I keep breaking them. Anyone know of an extra heavy duty rosary maker? I have a few cord ones but I don't like the way the beads keep moving. With links the beads stay reasonably stable. I have a slew of retired rosaries that are just sitting on my dresser.

drink-lover

Asked by drink-lover at 5:54 PM on Jul. 11, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• i suggest restringing one with the plastic covered wire. You can get it in the craft section of walmart.
    Anonymous

• never heard of it hmm ..i will try that thanks. I have one that might be just the right size for this. i was thinking of doing that with just fishing strink but I will look for the plastic wire.
    drink-lover

Answer by drink-lover at 5:58 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Try www.etsy.com for something handmade and good quality. If you can't find a shop that carries them by searching, you can visit the forum and request that someone help you find them OR click on "custom" and make your own listing describing what you want and someone will bid on it to do the work for you.

Good luck :-)
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 6:30 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Can you make one yourself out of a leather chord by tying knots?  I did this for my brother one year for X-mas...used 3 nails bound together for the cross part...and his priest was willing to bless it...

MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 6:33 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I was at an NCYC (National Catholic Youth Conference) when I was younger and was tought how to make a Rosary with a thick cord. You use knots and it's quite beautiful. It does take some time to make, but it's more special because you crafted it with your own hands.

Faiths_mommy08

Answer by Faiths_mommy08 at 4:05 AM on Jul. 12, 2009