Cavities and pregnancy?

I am 32 weeks pregnant with my second child and just noticed that I have developed a couple cavities. I never have had a cavity before and have good teeth usually. Can a dentist work on a cavity while your pregnant or do they have to wait? will getting a fill be painful?

SabrenaLeigh

Asked by SabrenaLeigh at 6:19 PM on Jul. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• they should be able to work on them I used to work at a dental office and we worked on more then one preggo women, they just can't take x-rays
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 6:24 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Yes they can do dental work, you just have to have a note from your doctor stating that its ok. I had to have a tooth pulled during my pregnancy. Your teeth soften while you are pregnant, and you can get lots of cavities. Its pretty common during pregnancy, bc the baby is pulling all your calcium, and if you don't get enough calcium it will pull from your bones (and teeth). Make sure to drink LOTS of milk!!!
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 6:25 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I had a root canal with each pregnancy. It's no fun but it can be done. I would get it taken care of right away though because root canals during pregnancy suck. The smell of the bleach made me feel so sick they had to keep stopping and letting me get fresh air.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 7:01 PM on Jul. 11, 2009