MY BIGGEST FEAR!!

SIDS!!!! It is going to drive me crazy, i think about it all the time, i dont even let my baby sleep alone or even be alone someone has to hold him when i cant, it scares me that bad. DO YOU HAVE ANY ADDVICE FOR ME.

luckymomof2009

Asked by luckymomof2009 at 6:19 PM on Jul. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• stop worrying about it. i was a little worried about it too, but i forced myself NOT to think about it, cuz with my luck i would have jinxed myself. I'm the kind of person that believes you can speak things into existence...so i try not to worry about things until i actually have to.
    Anonymous

• Thankyou
    luckymomof2009

Answer by luckymomof2009 at 6:29 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I worried to and I still do, I even go and make sure my almost 4 year old is still breathing I know he is to old for sids but I just worry, but if I was you I would let the baby sleep on his own just go and check on him and get a baby monitor, cuz you really don't want them getting used to sleeping in your arms cuz when the baby gets a bit older it will be hard to get him to sleep in his bed
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 6:32 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• i get scared too. i prefer to co-sleep because i wake up everytime she moves or makes noise. in her crib i can barely sleep and keep getting up to check on her. its so tiring but its best to just take the right precautions. watever u feel is safest for ur baby go with it and trust ur judgement.
    crystaleve29

Answer by crystaleve29 at 8:09 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I think in this day and age we've heard so much about SIDS and there is the "unknown" factor, like "We don't know what causes it." and that it is natural to feel afraid of things that are beyond your control. I think, for me, it made me pray more because I was afraid and didn't want anything happening to this little life, but I did have to push it to the back of my mind because I didn't want to obsess over it. I did however, always keep them in sight, until about 6 months (bassinet by bed at night). It's what made me feel OK, and you need to do whatever you need to do to feel OK.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 8:39 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• pacifirs work great,sida happens cuz the baby forgets to breath basicaly,with a pacy they suck for a real long time
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 9:22 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Someone once told me when my dd was first born and i was worrying about the same thing, that Angels will look out for your baby while you sleep. that has always comforted me. Try to relax! :)
    emilysmom401

Answer by emilysmom401 at 9:23 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Everyone worries about it, its everyone's worst fear. I try to tell my self just to relax when i thing about it. I know that all i can do is take all the necessary precautions and the rest is in gods hands. Your probably putting too much stress on your self with the holding thing, i did the same for a few weeks until he started sleeping in his car seat (only place he prefers to being held) this makes things easier with him sitting up on is back. Also, something that will give you great comfort...Graco makes a movement baby monitor that tells you the sounds as well as the amount of movement your baby is making. It is so sensitive that an alarm goes off on your end if your baby goes longer than 20 seconds with out taking a breath! What an amazing idea! check it out on the site www.gracobaby.com
    mccurry328

Answer by mccurry328 at 11:46 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• I know it's hard, but try not to worry! The cause is unknown so you can't prevent it. Do you worry about car accidents everytime you drive? I hope not! You'll go insane with worry. Enjoy your child! And consider that the ways to help reduce SIDS are common sense type things such as doctor visits up to date, nothing in the crib he/she can suffocate on. Sleeping in a cool room but not too cold and not too hot. Babies aren't the best at regulating body temp just yet so they can overheat or got too cold. Sleeping positions and pacifiers can help, but then again, who knows. We don't know what cuases it. i'm willing to bet there is some physical/brain issues that we haven't uncovered yet so people are worrying over something they can't control anyway. Just enjoy your child so that if something does happy, you don't regrant not getting that last kids in. I know it wounds kinda morbid, but that's a good way to live in gen
    Anonymous