Where is it.....

Hi everyone. This is not meant to hurt anyone but I need to know...
Where in the bible does it say to pray to the angels. To talk to them or have any kind of relationship with them at all. I always believed that God created them for a specific purpose. Some to worship Him, then there is Gabrial and Micheal. But non have I ever heard of that we are to pray to. Thought that it was God, Jesus, the Holy Spirit that we pray to.

Am I missing something. Please show me in Scripture where we are to pray to Angels because I really want to do what God says here.

Thanks

Necie11

Asked by Necie11 at 6:21 PM on Jul. 11, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I never felt the need to pray to an angel. Why not just pray to God the Father?
    army_wife2000

Answer by army_wife2000 at 10:10 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• The only passage I am aware of is: "The smoke of the incense, together with the prayers of the saints, went up before God from the angel's hand." (Rev 8:4).

I know Catholics will pray to angels (i.e. Prayer to St. Michael the Archangel), and to me, it sounds like they're praying directly TO Michael. However, I've heard that the actual principle of it is praying to Michael for protection and Michael delivers that prayer FOR YOU to God (i.e. in the verse above). This is not how I personally interpret that scripture and not a belief I personally hold but maybe someone who does will have more references? :-)
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 6:28 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Angels exist in many cultures. They are NOT the exclusive property of the Judeo-Christian religion. In Mesopotamia and Babylonia they are depicted as gods--NOT servants! The Egyptian goddess, Isis, is often depicted with angel-like wings. I don't worship my angel friends. They are just that, friends and helpers. And they have been more consistent in helping me with my spells and incantations than "god" ever was. If it disturbs you to make requests of the angels, then don't. That leaves them more time to help me!
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 7:34 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• "And they have been more consistent in helping me with my spells and incantations than "god" ever was."

I wonder why??? You can have all the help from YOUR angels you want. I am not into those either. This question is for the Christian family. My fault for not specifying.
    Necie11

Answer by Necie11 at 7:46 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• It doesn't! Angels only act at God's direction. So why would I pray to them?
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 8:03 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I agree with you that it doesn't say that we're supposed to pray to the angels. We're not. We pray to and only to the one and only GOD...which is also praying to Jesus and the Holy Spirit as well, since they are 3 in 1.
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 8:40 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Well, I don't really "pray" to the angels, but I do ask them for protection when I feel threatend. I believe the God made the angel's for two reasons. One:to worship and glorify Him (and Her). Two: To aid humans in our daily lives. I believe every human has at least one angel that does nothing more then protect them. I don't treat them like God's, but I do ask for their help when I feel I need it.
    -Ashley
    P.S. I also thank them for their help when I feel I have received it.
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 9:14 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• It used to be in the King James Bible in the Apocrypha (and still is in Catholic bibles) see Tobit 12: Tobit 12:11 “Surely I will keep close nothing from you. For I said, ‘It was good to keep close the secret of a king, but that it was honourable to reveal the works of God.’ 12 Now therefore, when thou didst pray, and Sara thy daughter in law, I did bring the remembrance of your prayers before the Holy One: and when thou didst bury the dead, I was with thee likewise. 13 And when thou didst not delay to rise up, and leave thy dinner, to go and cover the dead, thy good deed was not hid from me: but I was with thee. 14 And now God hath sent me to heal thee and Sara thy daughter in law. 15 I am Raphael, one of the seven holy angels, which present the prayers of the saints, and which go in and out before the glory of the Holy One.” King James Version Apocrypha http://www.zondervanbiblesearch.com/KJVA/Tobit/12
    Anonymous

• witchqueen, my answer only included the view of angels from the Bible because the OP asked specifically for verses from the Bible about angels :-)
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 10:16 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Our religion doesn't pray to the angels. we only pray the father in heaven.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 10:47 PM on Jul. 11, 2009