How do people afford to go all-organic with food?

I went to a health food store the other day and everything was sooooo expensive! I would eat organic food if I could but I'm not that rich!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:27 PM on Jul. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• ive always wondered the same thing..no way i could ever afford to!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 7:07 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• It's really not that more expensive depending on what you are buying and where you are buying it from. If you have a Whole Foods around check them out. Today we spent $241.00 in organic for a family of five and that will last two weeks. To me it's worth it for my kids. My only regret is that we didn't start sooner. Just make sure if you buy organic to read the labels. Just because it says organic doesn't mean it is. Look for the USDA Certified organic or just try to buy natural foods. Once you start reading the ingredients on organic verses the conventional you will want to stay organic.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 7:10 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• My family of four has to eat on about 180 every 2 weeks so I'm thinking I can't do that... We do buy the organic stuff when it's on sale and some products we only buy organic like Peanut butter and Aunt Annies Mac and cheese. All in all though we would never be able to afford to go all organic.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:18 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I can feed my family of three for about $35 per week, give or take a couple bucks depending on the week. So for me organic would really put a crimp in our eating!! Maybe some people grow their own food. I would like to do that once I have a yard.
    YzmaRocks

Answer by YzmaRocks at 7:27 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• They don't, they just learn to go without something else. That is unless money isn't a problem.
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 1:59 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• LOL! There is nothing left for me to do with out! I already have no cable and crappy cars and the air conditioner has been broken for a month! We only have the internet because DH needs it for school.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:09 PM on Jul. 12, 2009