Is it fair for a sign thanking Jesus for a car dealership to be placed as if the entire town agrees?

Korean car manufacturer Kia plans to open a sprawling automobile factory in tiny West Point, Georgia, by the end of the year. The boon has already spurred economic growth -- and just plain excitement -- among residents, said Mayor Drew Ferguson.

"We jokingly call it Kia-ville," said Ferguson, a 42-year-old dentist helping to oversee expansion of West Point, population 3,500. The announcement is drawing workers and businesses to the community about 80 miles south of Atlanta.

"The revitalization of the community is touching every aspect," Ferguson said. "We have infrastructure projects, new subdivisions going up, hotel professional services that are all needed to support the massive manufacturing."

The plant, which will make Kia's Sorento sport utility vehicle, has hired 500 workers. By the time the factory opens, Kia hopes to hire 2,000 more. A smattering of Kia supply companies will eventually employ 7,500

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:51 PM on Jul. 11, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• whats wrong with that???
    xohcannizzo

Answer by xohcannizzo at 6:53 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• A roadside sign in West Point, Georgia, expresses support for Kia's new factory.

A roadside sign in West Point, Georgia, expresses support for Kia's new factory.

Anonymous

• http://www.cnn.com/2009/LIVING/worklife/07/08/fortunate.town/index.html
    Anonymous

• I would bother me.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 6:53 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• You'd think Jesus would buy American...
    Anonymous

• i see nothing wrong with it. it's called freedom of speech. it looks like it's in someone's yard anyway. you probly wouldn't have a problem with if it was a sign thanking Jesus for their new baby would you?
    Anonymous

• I don't think so, it is NEVER a bad thing to thank Jesus.
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 7:02 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Remember you're talking about the bible belt..not California or New York here. Chances are huge the majority DOES agree. Those that don't are not going to cause an uproar about the towns saving grace.
    Anonymous

• It does bother me, but I'm not going to go spray paint it black or some shizz. I mind my business. Freedom of speech and all that. One of the Wendy's in my town had "GOD BLESS AMERICA" plastered on its marquee last Christmas. Did that offend me? Shit yeah. Did I do anything about it? Shit no. They have the right to say what they want.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 7:43 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• If it's on private property it's no one's business then the property owners.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 8:02 PM on Jul. 11, 2009