bottle of water

when do babies get bottles with water in vthem?

c2customs

Asked by c2customs at 7:02 PM on Jul. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I didnt give my daughter water til she was1. all a baby needs right now is either Formula or Breastmilk
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 7:05 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Unless it is hot outside and there is danger of dehydration if water is not given, there is no need for a baby to have water.

As for me personally, I used water in my daughters sippy cups starting at 6 months just to get her used to them being around (water can sit out all day and not go "bad" like juice or milk) but didn't actively start giving it until she was 1'ish.

CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 7:08 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• you can start giving them water, juice and solids at 6 months and it's a good idea to do so, start them on solids so they are not peakey eaters later on, like my older son is now he is very hard to feed, and I give my 8 month old water and he drinks it all like he is thirsty even after he ate formula and juice is good for them when they starting to eat solids it will help them go poo better
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 7:13 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• As long as they are taking breastmilk or formula they don't need water.
    Anonymous

• After 6 months. The baby can have water in food or by cup. We live in the desert and I think it does make a difference when it is 108 degrees (no AC) and mom is at work with the boobs and baby is home with dad and grandma. Some nice cold water is mighty fine.

In Tucson a lot of the houses don't have AC. What were they thinkng. We are moving to a house with AC soon.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 8:23 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• past 6 m occasionally and after 1 regularly. i give my baby juice and water it down right now and shes 10 m.
    crystaleve29

Answer by crystaleve29 at 8:24 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• They do not need water as long as you are giving formula or breast feeding. They don't need solids or juice until after their first birthday too (actually they never need juice but its best to wait until after 1).
    sk_tennyson

Answer by sk_tennyson at 8:34 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• They don't NEED water until 1, but it is nice to get them used to it before they get picky. Every child gets to "picky" at a different age. LOL I start my kids on sippys with water in the crib and with meals, then at 1 year I give milk with meals and water in crib and in between meals. Do not give babies younger than 6 months water, it could do more harm than good.
    Amber115

Answer by Amber115 at 8:47 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I usually introduce water in a sippy when my kids start solids, at meal times.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:43 AM on Jul. 12, 2009