A question about sin

I'm trying to understand something that was recently brought to my attention.

Adam and Eve sinned. So, therefore, we are all suffering for their mistake, right? That's why we dont live in the Garden any more and why childbirth is painful ect ect.
But why didnt God punish the angles the same way? Lucifer betrayed him and God cast him out of heaven (like Lucifer cared anyways) and takes him up on a bet? But humans make a simple mistake and we're all of a sudden in the time out corner for life and may possibly spend eternity in hell if we dont accept Jesus?
If there are any answers to this please help me to understand.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:03 PM on Jul. 11, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I know one thing once you start questening things that are not ment to be understood to us you start to get confused and once you start getting confused you start loosing faith in God, your best bet is to read the Bible and stydy it and you will start understanding things much better, but if you start asking questions like that on CM all you will get is whole bunch of opinions and answers you wont understand.
    But yeah lusifer is satan and he made his choice to try and be above God, he should of just left it alone and if he would of left it alone we all still would be living in the garden, and besides we are no diferent then adam and eve, how many times you do something you know really shouldn't do but you just wanted to or was carious, so we really can't judge them but read the Bible study it cuz thats our pass to heaven, Good luck this stuff is all confusing to me to but since I've been reading I understand it better
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 7:22 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Lucifer, now known as satan, is damned for all eternity in hell, and in the end, he will go in the lake of fire. where you got that he got it good is beyond me
    Anonymous

• Anon 06. you are missing the point.
    Anonymous

• I don't know what your religion is... but it sounds as though your beliefs are Catholic?
    I don't believe any of us are damned to hell without a MASSIVE sin. I also don't believe that we are all being punished for Adam and Eve's sin. I believe we are responsible for our own actions and no one else's. Jesus atoned for everyone's individual sins. He didn't do it so you wouldn't have to suffer for other people's sins, only your own.
    I don't really know what to tell you other than look into your religion a little more and if it doesn't add up and answer your questions, maybe you should look elsewhere.
    Anonymous

• no, i'm not. Lucifer got cast out of heaven forever, he's in hell. what could be worse than that? at least we get a choice of heaven or hell. he doesn't.
    Anonymous

• Hell is reserved for those rebellious angels. We have a chance at eternal life, the are lost...period. As far as the curse of sin, think of it like this: if a mother uses drugs while she is pregnant who is ultimately hurt? Her innocent baby. The choices of our parents affect us, especially our first parents. If it weren't for Jesus, we'd not only suffer in this life, we'd also be doomed to the fate of Satan and his angels.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 7:22 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• "they" are lost.
    Lexylex

• We are all suffering for Adam and Eve's sin, yes. If we weren't, then obviously we wouldn't need epidurals for havin a baby, and i don't know about you, but i'm covered with clothes. if we werent' suffering for their sin, then we'd all be naked and wouldn't even think twice about it. Jesus came to earth so that he could die for our sins. that doesn't mean we won't ever sin again, nor that the past didn't happen. you may repent for your sins, but that doesn't mean he'll take the consequences away.
    Anonymous

• Lucifer got cast out of heaven forever, he's in hell.

The Bible says, he is here on Earth. ( Revelation 12:12, 1 Peter 5:8)
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 7:26 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• he damned the angels too, not just Lucifer. so the angels got punished as well. their damned to hell too.
    Anonymous