Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do I start the paper work on getting my ex's rights to our son taken away?

IDK how to go about doing this if you know any websites for the state of Texas and the child support offices please let me know! I need to get this done ASAP! How do I start up the paper work to get him to sign over all of his rights to me? (please dont be rude and tell me I need him to be in my sons life cuz I dont. you have no idea the things he has done to me and I DO NOT and WILL NOT have my son raised in his shadow!)


Asked by Alysia_Moore at 7:14 PM on Jul. 11, 2009 in General Parenting

Level 12 (688 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (6)
  • Google child support texas that should give you their website then just talk to them because they will help you more than anyones opinion on here. Just stay strong and ignore those idiots who want to make you feel bad for a descision you are making for your childs well being.

    This might be the site you need

    Answer by Alie1313 at 7:42 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

  • cant you just say you dont know who the father was and not have him on the birth certificate? if he doesnt contest it (which he probably wont) they cant go after him or anything

    Answer by pookipoo at 7:16 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

  • I dont want anything to happen to me and he step up and get my son. He is not a good person at all.

    Answer by Alysia_Moore at 7:26 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

  • Do what you think is right. I just wanted to let you know that if you have his rights taken away, you can never collect child support for him. A lot of women don't know that. Anyway, just go to google && type in a few keywords && it should bring up what you are looking for. If not, usually lawyers will at least give you a consultation for free.

    I have gone back && forth about having my son's father's rights taken away. I still haven't decided 100% what I want to do yet. My son will be 2 next month && his father hasn't seen him since he was about 8 months old.

    Good luck!!

    Answer by HisMommySince07 at 7:27 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

  • 4 words: Talk to a lawyer.

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:32 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

  • I'm sorry, it is really hard to get a father's visitation rights taken away. There was a story on TV about a man that poured gas on his son while he was sleeping to try and kill him. The boy lived but he lost body parts and his face was horrible. The father went to jail for a couple of years and when he got out he got visitation. The boy was terrified! Can you believe that!!!

    Answer by Gailll at 7:32 PM on Jul. 11, 2009