Is He Cheating?

I am re-asking this question because I wanted to edit my post slightly. In my last question, I failed to mention that I hope I am not pregnant because I found a notebook that my fiance has been writing in recently with passages saying that he wishes he could change the past so that he would be with his first love now. I found this the day after we were intimate with each other, the day I fear I may possibly have gotten pregnant, and I couldn't be more upset. Am I selfish for hoping I am not having another baby with him? When I asked him about the journal, he said all of the entries were for a "story" he was writing. How would you ladies feel about this, if the same thing happened to you?.. Do you think he's cheating? Any feedback I can get would be appreciated!....another thing to mention, he is also very protective with his cell phone and computer....

starburst22

Asked by starburst22 at 7:30 PM on Jul. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• I can't say if he is cheating or not. I don't think you're selfish for hoping you are not pregnant. It sounds like you are not sure what's going to happen with your relationship, so I actually think it's good that you are not wanting to bring another child into it.

If you think he's cheating, confront him. Tell him all the things you see that make you wonder, and ask him to explain himself. Either he will or he won't, and if he does and it doesn't add up, then you need to decide what you want to do. And if he doesn't, again, decide what you want to do.

Good luck!
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 7:33 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• for a story gosh could of he used a better lie then that, I don't know if he is cheating or not but there might be something fishy going on
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 7:43 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I wouldnt say he was cheating. If he is writing a story its probably from personal experience or its really how he feels. If he was cheating then there would be sex in this "story". Watch out for the cell phone and computer tho, my bf was like that and then I got into his phone and there were many texts to other girls. He said they were just friends and it was friendly texting but one text said "I wonder what my little girl would look like if she was half mexican?(he is black)" why would he say such a thing unless he really wanted to know? Why cant there just be good guys out there, right? You are not selfish by the way, you have every right to be protective about yourself.
    wendydeb7

Answer by wendydeb7 at 7:49 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• quit having children with a man you can't trust. he's in love with another woman. face it and move on
    Anonymous

• Well if I found a journal like that I would be hurt and pissed. Hurt cause he feels this way about someone else, and pissed- cause he does not feel this way about me-- and it would make me wonder if all the time I spent with him was a waste of my time. I don't know if I would believe him when he says it is a 'story' he is writing.... I would tend to think that is his true innermost thoughts-- especially if he is so guarded of his phone and computer.
    I don't think it is selfish of you to hope you are not pregnant by him.
    I hope everything works out for you!! Good luck!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:01 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• The story excuse doesn't ring true. Whether he is cheating isn't something we have enough information about to guess at. For sure don't have unprotected sex with him until and if things work out.

Answer by Bmat at 9:10 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I fully agree with MizLee...and I've decided that I'm leaving him tomorrow.
    starburst22

Answer by starburst22 at 10:54 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• If he is a free lance writer, than believe him
    if he is not a writer his excuse of "it is for a story" IS THE STORY

good luck-don't lose yourself, if you lose him
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 1:06 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• you just described me...when i was cheating. so yeah he might be cheating.. i didnt want my SO to know about me cheating so i never had my cell fone out of my reach and my computer was always out of his reach and id change screens if he walked into the room. my fone calls were late into the nite..and sometimes very short calls or id walk into a nother room to take the call..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:53 AM on Jul. 13, 2009