• In the Spotlight:

stretch marks...

can i safely use cocoa butter cream over a tattoo that i have on my stomach in hopes that it will not fade the tattoo? i am almost 7months along and just starting to get the tummy stretch marks and i want to try to prevent more so i'm going to pick some up today and i just want to know if i need to use a different product on my tat or just stick to lotion over it? please help...thanks

chevygal86

Asked by chevygal86 at 7:36 PM on Jul. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• We used cocoa butter for our tats and they healed quicker then the stuff normally told to use! They never faded or anything! Look just like brand new almost (course, mine is only a year old). The sun is what makes them fade so put sunscreen on them whenever exposed!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 7:54 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• olive oil worked really good for me
    stephania01

Answer by stephania01 at 7:41 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I don't know about where you live, but here cocoa butter is what the tattoo artists tell you to put on it to keep it moisturized while it's healing. Cocoa butter will not fade your tattoo at all, mine is color && it looks great.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 7:50 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Sorry for being realistic...but you can't avoid stretch marks if is in your genes. If your mom had stretch marks with you, probably you'll have. Stretch marks are not on the surface of the skin that's why you can't avoid them. I don't believe in any body cream, so I just suggest don't waste your money, keep your tatoo wonderful as it is and save money for a tummy tuck (jk) ;)
    Sofab

Answer by Sofab at 8:04 PM on Jul. 11, 2009