How can I pottytrain my son? He just wont go

HE will pee in the potty but he wont poop in it

mamaprofitt2007

Asked by mamaprofitt2007 at 8:02 PM on Jul. 11, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• it's kinda hard for them to adjust but you just have to keep asking him and he will poo in his pants what i did was let it go a couple of times, everytime he poo his pants I would tell him that it's gross and big boys don't do that and show him were he had to go poo, after a few times I started to swat his butt and he did't like that and he learned to go poo on the potty
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 8:10 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Im in the same situation with my daughter... I talked to my pediatrician and she said that children are generally more afraid to poop in the potty because they have felt it in their diaper for so long that they believe it's a part of them... the thought of something that is a part of them going down the potty is a little scary... she suggested that if my daughter poops at the same time every day to "sit her on the potty till she goes, but dont encourage her to flush... once she poops get her down then once she has forgotten about it you go in and flush it later, dont let her see you flush it. once she does it for a while she'll get the hang of it and do it as regularly as peeing" my problem is that my daughter is in daycare every day so it's not consistant with what I'm doing at home.
    amandal535

Answer by amandal535 at 8:18 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Its hard I have the same problem my son is 2 about to be 3 I think he is just being lazy. He has gone on the toilet several times but then will just refuse. I don't know what else to do its embarrassing that he is still in diapers. I have tried just about everything I did the training pants I did the underwear nothing phases him. he is as stubborn as they come.
    jennbunnyb

Answer by jennbunnyb at 8:57 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Wow.......I would be happy that your son is pottying at all this young lol. My daughters pedia. told me that really until your child can understand the feeling of having a BM and then associating that with the toilet........your wasting time. I was also told by a child psychologist that spanking a child while training them to potty is a horrible thing. Most two year olds arent ready yet for whatever reasons.

mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 8:59 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• My son is 2 and will be 3 next month and is still refusing to go to the potty. NO, he won't go there! The subject is interesting to me though, in the meantime. Thanks for being here...I'd feel like a really bad mom without you all to provide a little balance. WE ARE NOT ALONE!!!! smile.
    Huntermaiden

Answer by Huntermaiden at 10:01 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Your son's difficulty pooping is totally normal.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 4:11 AM on Jul. 12, 2009