Ugly babies

Now I KNOW most of you will say "there is NO such thing" or "all babies are beautiful" but we all know this not to be true. There is infact, such thing as an ugly baby.
With that said, Do you ever look around and thank god your child isnt, wish he/she wasnt ugly, or HOPE AND PRAY that when you diliver you new baby, it wont be ugly?
I keep telling myself, if I have an ugly child I will except it, and NEVER be one of those mothers who walk around convinced he is beautiful, and I no this sounds horrible, but sometimes I wonder how a woman could look at her child and see something beautiful, when CLEARLY it is not.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:29 PM on Jul. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• because he came from your flesh and blood, and it's normal to feel that way when you are prego, but once you hold that baby for the first time you don't see anything ugly about it, just the ugly babies around him or her
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 8:31 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I know this is cliche but beauty is in the eye of the beholder. What you and I might find ugly wont be ugly to someone else.
    Dylansmom32509

Answer by Dylansmom32509 at 8:31 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I used to be terrified of having an ugly baby. Of course my daughter is GAWGEOUS, so I'm one of the lucky ones.

But yes, I have seen an incredibly ugly baby. He's a toddler now and he's so adorable, but he looked like a monkey when he was an infant!
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 8:32 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• no, i do think that some mothers think that their baby is honestly beautiful. my mom used to say 'they got a face only a mother could love' about certain people lol. but as for the rest of us when confronted with such babies we should just find something cute or sweet about the baby.... even if you have to resort to the outfit lol. but i do think that all mothers think their babies are beautiful in one way or another
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:33 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• It's called love. Anyone who thinks their baby is ugly is shallow.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 8:39 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I dont sit there and think I hope my baby comes out pretty or cute. I think that is selfish and vain! I have a beautiful son that I am blessed with. My cousin is the type of person to say if a baby is ugly or not. He told me thank God your baby isnt ugly since there is a lot of them out there. I think thats straight up stupid!
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 8:40 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• HAHAHAHA....Im pregnant and i have said at least twice every month "This is so mean, but i hope we don;t have an ugly baby" and my SO has just laughed at me. I would then say "IF we do have a slightly unnattractive baby, i want us to realise it. (Even though we so wont) so, when our friends go "OOOOooo.....he's so....cute?""

HAHAHA....can;t wait to simply reply "yea, we know, he looks like a sharpay. But we love him to bits"
    Anonymous

• I think a lot of people worry about it, especially before they have their first baby. I thought my first 2 were cute and I don't think about it at all anymore.
    My mom thought my brother was ugly, at least as a newborn. But he had a horrible birth and ended up with an enormous cone head that was scraped horribly all over the place because he was really too big for her and should have been a C-section. (His head was twisting around scraping against her pubic bone as she was trying to push him out. Sorry if that scares or disgusts anyone but I thought I would explain how he could be all scraped up.) Plus his face was all red and puffy and he immediately scratched his face so badly that he has a scar to this day. Poor little baby :( He looked aweful for weeks.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 10:33 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• My babies were cute but if I'm being honest, they were butt ugly when they were first born lol. They got cute a few weeks after being born thank goodness (or maybe they just grew on me lol). But seriously, even in their newborn-ness, I did think they were cute because they were sweet, innocent little babies.
    benjamink

Answer by benjamink at 10:48 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Honestly, my son was a beautiful baby. But, when my aunt had her son, she called crying because he had a cone shaped head and was the ugliest thing she has ever seen. We didn't believe her until we seen him and then we had to agree. We tell my cousin this story anytime he gets concieted with his now good looks. (He is 23 yrs old). Another cousin had a baby and my son seen her a few hours after her daughter was born. He told her that the baby was beautiful but had my grandma call me at work and he told me, "mommy, I lied today." I asked him why and he said, " I told Lizzie that her baby was beautiful and she looked like a monkey and was not pretty." He was soo upset and I told him that he lied for a good reason and it was ok because he would have hurt Lizzie's feelings. My grandma backed him up too. I do NOT believe all babies are cute, I have seen some really scary looking babies. If mine was ugly, I would admit it.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:58 PM on Jul. 11, 2009