How do I get organized?

I am a work away from home mom with 2 girls, a 1 year old and a 2 year old, I am a marykay consultant, and i have a husband who refuses to help with the household chores, and rarely helps with the children, i feel overwhelmed and resentful and extremely exhausted... i don't want to feel this way... i know it's a matter of time management and organization I just cant seem to use the right tools. PS any ideas on how to get my husband to help?

amandal535

Asked by amandal535 at 8:35 PM on Jul. 11, 2009 in Money & Work

• Anyone in your shoes would feel overwhelmed.

You need a couples' counselor. Your husband may be depressed (is this new behavior) or he may not understand how a home with children works. He needs to understand that you are not the nanny and maid; you are his life partner and he needs to carry his load.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:17 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I agree with the previous poster! You cannot be expected to do everything when you work outside the home. Marriage is a partnership and equal, that's not how it seems to be in your home.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 9:27 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I am a mother of 4 and also work outside the home.I know it is not easy, If you are close to his mom she could talk to him. I think maybe giving him little things to do at first might work. Sometimes my husband just doesn't realize things, so I give him specific little things to do with the children and small chores to do.Dont try to do everything. give him a laundry basket of his clothes and let him do his own clothes.
    biblebowlmom

Answer by biblebowlmom at 10:09 AM on Jul. 13, 2009