Don't you just love it when people ask SAHMs why they don't work?

There is a thing called daycare.
Daycare costs money.
If I went to work, I would have to pay for daycare.
I might bring home $20 extra every two weeks.

Don't you think this negates the purpose of working?

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 8:48 PM on Jul. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• When people say that to me I simple tell them it was my choice to stay home my son almost died at birth twice and I wanted to spend every moment with him I could. And it had nothing to do with daycare I was a RN and where i worked they had free daycare
    Anonymous

• I think its no one Else's business, woman that work, will always have a stick up there butt for SAHMS and SAHMS will always think its wrong woman work- I work hard for my kids, but I think shams are lucky, and blessed, and why they stay home is non of my business. They waited, married the right guy, or what not. I was stupid, young, and irresponsible, and thats MY fault, not there's.

judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 8:52 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• here is a thought get a better education and a better income job so you can work
    Anonymous

• ANON753- see, a good example of a working mother, jellous and mad at a SHAM. LOL
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 8:56 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I am obviously not very educated AT ALL, I have highschool and I was bad at that, and I'm not a SHAM, I work hard for the money! lol
    I think usually SHAMS are the educated ones. JMO
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 8:57 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I have a Bachelor's degree. I am a stay home mom, by choice. THIS is the job I want. The pay is not much but the perks (most days) are well worth it. I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.

Anonymous

• anyone that tells me that, i just tell them to try it. harder than it looks. cooking 3 times a day, sweeping and mopping after meals, 3 times a day, changing diapers, doing dishes, X amount of loads of laundry a day, fighting a 2 year old, and that's not even the half of it.

While you ladies that work just have to get up, change a couple diapers, throw clothes on them, get ready yourself, and hand them over to the daycare that probly knows your kid more than you do yourself. then after work, throw on toons, give them dinner and to bed they go.

Working at 4 daycares, i've seen babies walk for the first time, go potty for the first time, and get this, once, we had a baby that walked all the time at the daycare, had been doing it for weeks. her mom walked in one day to see her doing it and she was so excited that she was walking, she was shocked to hear she'd been doing it for weeks. never did it at home.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 9:03 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• SOME moms actually WANT to be SAHM's. they just don't have the choice. i guess unlike anon :53.

I'm not bashing working mom's btw, i hope nobody was offended
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 9:04 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• i did stay at home for first 5 months easy as can be not that hard any ass can do it
    Anonymous

• *sigh*
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 9:11 PM on Jul. 11, 2009