Have you tried the Special K diet?

I'm looking for a good diet to combine with my exercise routine. I thought this one would be good for me since I can eat cereal all day. Has it worked for anyone. Or any other diet worked?

mama28th

Asked by mama28th at 8:56 PM on Jul. 11, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• yeah i was using it until i found out i was preggo again... it worked pretty well, those milk shakes they make are awsome and they have bars and other things too the only other thing i did was take a green tea pill a day
    Anonymous

• Yeah, I lost 6 lbs the first two weeks on it, and that was before I started exercising. Also, I found an article in Woman's World magazine, that says that you can actually do better with this diet if you don't stick to just special k, but go back and forth between 3 different cereals, all less than 160 calories and with at least, I think, 5 g of protien. Any cereal, even Cocoa Puffs and stuff like that, if that's what you like. It gives you variety so you don't get bored, and makes it easier to stick to. I just started doing that this week. Gonna see how it goes.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 9:19 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• i used it for a little while but not the exact way. i ate special k with strawberries for breakfast, and egg whites for dinner. i lost like 30 pounds. and then i hit a plato. i lost another 20 and maintained it by cutting out the bad carbs like bread cereal pasta and eating only protein like chicken turkey tuna egg whites steak and good carbs like veggies and fruit. then once i lost all the weight, i ate bad carbs once or twice a week and on holidays.
    BTW, it took me 3 - 4 months to loose the whole 60 pounds. i worked out alot too though.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:20 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• idk about the diet but i do love their cereal and snacks lol
    i dont gain weight eating their stuff lol
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 7:51 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• I love the special K diet! Im still doing it, even though they only reccomend it for 2 weeks. Ive been doing it (off and on, but mostly on)for 2 1/2 months now and have lost 24lbs. It helped me realise portion control- you literally measure out the cereal and milk. Instead of doing their Special K bars (which are freakin expensive!) for snacks, I do non-fat yogurt, which is actually 10 less calories than the bars, and also salad. I eat smaller little meals throughout the day, and it helps a lot. I am TOTALLY ADDICTED to their chocolate delight cereal. I love it!!
    And honestly, I havent been working out. And Im still losing weight. Its great! I bet you would see more results if you worked out along with the diet.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 5:37 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• the special k diet only allows you to eat 3/4 cup of cereal as a serving, with 1/4 cup skim milk, otherwise it won't work...and for 2 meals a day that will not satisfy your body...it's just a waste of money
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:48 AM on Jul. 13, 2009