please help!!

ok my son would go to the bathroom door and bang on it well by time we got to the door he would pee in his diaper... so i started potty training!! well, 1st day he did great would pee pee in the potty and didnt wet at all that day or at night... 2nd day he did real great pooped and pee peed in the potty!!! and didnt wet or poop all day or night in his diaper.... 3rd day he did ok he would pee pee in it but then when we went to inlaws house i took the potty but he would not use it there idk why.. but then weve been home for for a couple of days and he wont use the potty he tells me when he need to go sometimes.. and when he does sit on the potty he waits til i put a diaper on him and then he will go pee... idk what to do!! someone help me!!! oh and treats and telling him he did a great job using the potty.. and that hes a big boy when he uses the potty doesnt work!!! im a stay at home mom so any think anyone tells me i will try

brookegregory

Asked by brookegregory at 9:06 PM on Jul. 11, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I haven't reached that point with my daughter yet, but what I have been told about potty training is this:

Its one step forward and two steps back.

Just keep at it, give lots of praise, and good luck!
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 9:09 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• My oldest daughter was potty trained at the day care she used to attend (she is now 5)--but my youngest is now ready to start...and a friend gave me this warning: "Just when you think that they have it down pat...they don't."

They go back and forth with this. Good luck, and just be consistent!!
    LaceyAM

Answer by LaceyAM at 9:48 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• personaly i think hes relating waering the diaper and sitting on the potty. Its almost as if he has to waer it to use the potty. As for your inlaw trip, it might have made him uncomfortable to use it somewhere other than home.
    I trained my son on the comode right away. I did want to clean up those port a johns they make, and i did'nt want to have to retrain him on the comode after using one. Try the comode its the "big people potty" it might help things along.
    EarthHippy

Answer by EarthHippy at 10:53 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• My daughter is the same way! i started potty training her last week and she did really good! Now suddenly she won't go at all! I've been letting her run around the house naked (otherwise she won't even think about going in the potty) and throws a FIT if I put her on the potty or tell her to get on it. BUT as soon as I leave the room, she sits on it and goes!!!! I also put her in "big girl panties" and she will FREAK OUT when she has to go! I mean running around the house, trying to hold it in!!!! I set her on the potty for a few min and as SOON as she stands up and takes 2 steps she pees..... or she squats right in front of it and pees!!!!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 1:12 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• I am still working with her, but I've been told "just set her on there" which made it worse. The treats and such aren't so exciting anymore. I think they just loose interest!!! I have just been trying to keep going! I mean, they know when they have to pee, it's getting them to understand to go on the potty!!!! I also let her flush her poo down the toilet.... she enjoys that and when she DOES pee in the potty we run upstairs (I only have one bathroom in a 3 story house) and flush her "yuckies" away. It helps somewhat! The panties work a lot better than pullups or diapers because it goes down their legs and they don't like that feeling... Otherwise, I'm taking this as "one step forward, 5 steps back" LOL GL!!!! I hope it goes better!!! We've been potty training for 2 weeks now
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 1:16 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• Get rid of the diaper, DUH!

Goto a re-sale shop buy...I don't know, about 30 pairs of unerwears...MAKE them feel the wetness. I did this with my son since the pull ups didn't work and the diapers draw wetness away from the skin. It took my son two weeks before he realized...Oooooh, wetness feels BAD...
    Good luck girl!
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 10:08 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• but i have no money and only have 6 pairs of under wear!!
    brookegregory

Answer by brookegregory at 2:54 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• Just..take it one day at a time...we tried with gene for a bit..around your sons age and he did good..but then didn't so we stopped pushing him..for about another month and tried again..and now he has peeing down..good..i just have to keep asking him..

Its more when they are ready....Good Luck..don't get frustrated..cause he will feel that..and won't want to go..
    Hunnybear121082

Answer by Hunnybear121082 at 6:21 PM on Jul. 14, 2009