I need help, i worry SOO much...

When my son is in my care i don't worry as much... but when my fiance's moms takes him i get such anxiety. Especially when she takes him in the car to her moms a half hour away. I drive myself insane with worry about something happening on the way there. I wish she wouldn't take him that far in the car. Am i just over worrying? Does anyone else worry about this?

syn84

Asked by syn84 at 9:07 PM on Jul. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yeah it's normal to worry as a mother it only means you love and care about your baby, your a good mama
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 9:09 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• just tell her she cant take him that fare, my son is 1 and has never been in the car while i wasnt there and wont be for a while because of me worring, iknow my family drives well but i dont trust otheres
    Anonymous

• i know what u mean,my lil one hasnt been away from me or hubby ever. i lost my job cuz i didnt want her to go to daycare.well i got hired in were i get days off that hubby works(sat-mon,then they changed it on me and wanted me to work every weekend,but i didnt want her in care or pay alot of money as well
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 9:20 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• oh i worry just like you do. i worry just about sending him to her house, but then again she smokes pot & ciggerates and does things differently then i do. but either way, you are his mother and if you dont feel comfortable with her driving him that far away, you should tell her. if you dont feel comfortable with her taking him for a long period of time, or whatever it is, you shouldnt have to do it. my fiances mother wanted to babysit, i said no for a long time and just said i wasnt ready for that yet and then around 7 weeks i let her babysit once. i gave her a scrubby pad i took from the NICU in the hospital (he was premature) and i asked her to please wash her hands with it before she starts touching him and stuff. when i went back to pick him up, the scrubby pad was still there unopened. thats the last time he will be going over there without me for a long time.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:13 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Hey, word of advice. Dont let her take him yet. You are obviously not ready. My DD has not been away from me and she is 5 months old. Neither she nor I are ready to be physically seperated so I dont push it and it will happen in natural time. It is normal to worry. That's why she comes with me. I would stress too much without her and miss the little darling. Do things when you are ready NOT when others want you too and don't worry about the back lash. They will get over it. My family did and to bad if they hold grudges... they can go have their own babies
    mummylovebaby

Answer by mummylovebaby at 11:58 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• My DS is 3 months and my mom has babysat him all day twice so far. Both times it was for 9 hours. She never drove him anywhere but she did take care of him. I texted and called to check up on him and asked for picture message updates every few hours. She's the only one I trust to watch him, unless she has to go somewhere. I'm afraid of her taking him in the car because although I've taught her how to buckle him in, I'm still afraid she'll do it wrong. Especially with the car seat I have, there's extra stuff in it that has to be moved into a certain place or else the buckle won't fit properly. As long as I know she's staying home, I'll have her watch him.
    HisMommy414

Answer by HisMommy414 at 2:18 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• she is so damn overbearing. like he is her kid! she would actually get upset if i said she couldn't take him. i don't think it's normal for a one year old to be in a car so much and if they did get in an accident god forbid... i would have to kill her! yes it is nice to get a tiny break, but my son's safety is more important. i didn't have a son so some broad could up and take him wherever she wants and potentially put my sons life at risk. thanks guys i feel a lil better...
    syn84

Answer by syn84 at 7:55 AM on Jul. 12, 2009