SHAMS, You get picked on ALL DAY!

I work full time at two jobs, I'm a single mom I bearly spend time with my kids, and I am one of those mothers that are uneducated and never saw my childs firsts.
Go ahead, since working mothers poke at you all day, say EXACTLY how you feel about working mothers.
THIS IS A BASH WORKING MOTHERS SECTION, IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT LEAVE!
I feel this is only fair!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:10 PM on Jul. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• well first off say it right SAHM .. not sham....
    Anonymous

• I think you are doing what you have to do to take care of your kids you a good mama, your not a lazy living of welfare
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 9:12 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Oh come on... do you miss all the posts where SAHMs tell working moms other people are raising their kids. Isn't there enough bashing on this site without you intentionally provoking it????????????????????????????????

If you don't like the bashing stick up SAHMs when they get picked on, don't encourage them to stoop to that level.

Anonymous

• I have been on both ends of the spectrum. I have been a single mother working and now I'm a married SAHM. I think that BOTH sides have their ups and downs. SAHMs have to "deal" (for lack of a better term) tantrums, potty training, fighting over toys and naps etc. But we also get to be there for the firsts and the extra hugs and kisses and the discovery and exploration. Working moms get to get out of the house and have interaction (a lot easier) with other adults (albeit sometimes it's easier dealing with the kids). Working moms are also less likely (in most cases) to take the time with their children for granted. I don't think that anybody should bash anybody. Being a MOM is difficult in ANY situation...working or not.
    LaceyAM

Answer by LaceyAM at 9:14 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I do stick up for SAHMs, I think there LUCKY, its my fault I jumped into the game to fast got pregnant, and had to deal with it alone, not anyone elses.
    SAHMS jobs are hard, I watched my mother do it for years, cooking, cleaning, laundry, erronds, bills, taking care of 3 girls EVERYDAY I no its not hard, and I would rather work ANYDAY than be stuck at home doing those things all day, your lucky, but most working moms assume you sit on your butts all day, now I am POSITIVE there are SAHMS that do this, both my sisters are prime examples, there children are in daycare all day, and they are shopping or on the computer or what not.
    But someone that honestly does it, day in, and day out. They deserve a break, because there jobs Don't end at 5O'clock, they can't punch out and ignore there children, its everyday ALL DAY!
    I applud that!
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 9:17 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I think being a mom if hard work. It doesn't matter if you are single or married, stay at home or work outside the home. IT'S JUST HARD WORK IN GENERAL.
    Julia0331

Answer by Julia0331 at 9:34 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I consider myself lucky to SAHM, but I also think SAHM itself creates a load of other problems and stresses that working moms don't have to deal with either. So they both have ups and downs. It's just what works for you and your family. I wouldn't feel right leaving my daugher in daycare 9-10hrs a day, I couldn't do it. I am designing my career around my role as sole caregiver of our daughter. If I separate from or divorce my husband I will figure out how to keep by her side as much as possible, but I will ultimately do what I have to meet her basic needs.
    Seven07

Answer by Seven07 at 9:54 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I feel bad for mothers that have to work. It's mothers that choose to work instead of raising their own children that I pity.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 10:06 PM on Jul. 11, 2009