If you think you might have a yeast infection, but you aren't sure, would it hurt to try?

Would it hurt anything to try yogurt if you aren't sure? Like, if you have a symptom or two, but you aren't 100% certain, and you really don't have one, would the yogurt hurt anything?

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 9:14 PM on Jul. 11, 2009 in Health

• just make sure that you use plain, real yogurt (live culture, no sugar, no gelatiin

Answer by rkoloms at 9:51 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• no - im pretty sure yogurt is good for you either way.
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 9:18 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I wouldn't try yogurt. I don't think it would hurt anything but I would go ahead with Monistat 3 or something. That wouldn't hurt.
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 9:18 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• No, my gyno said get the otc stuff and see if it helps and if not come back. I killed my first ever yeast infection!
    Anonymous

• I would go ahead and get teh monistat stuff, but I'm really low on cash til Friday. All my money has to go toward food, but I figured I could buy a thing of yogurt for pocket change, so it wouldn't really set me back much at all.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 10:26 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• no it won't hurt

Answer by admckenzie at 10:35 PM on Jul. 11, 2009