What is wrong with having white pride? Really?

What is exactly wrong with being proud to be white? I get so tired of the bashing on white people. May the strongest survive, that is just the law of the land!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:22 PM on Jul. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yeah...wow.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 9:23 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I agree 100% ..
    I am white and proud! .. =)
    xohcannizzo

Answer by xohcannizzo at 9:23 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• There's nothing wrong with being proud of your race. It's when you think being white is BETTER than all other races, or that white people are SUPREME to other races, that we have a problem.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 9:24 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I don't think that it is bad to have pride in who or what you are...however when it starts to get to the point where others' are hurt by it (ie: racist comments; hate crimes etc.) then there is a problem.
    LaceyAM

Answer by LaceyAM at 9:24 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• good

scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 9:24 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I'm proud of my heritage. I'm not proud of having white skin, same as I'm not proud to have blue eyes. It just is what it is, the luck of the DNA.

How proud are you to remain anonymous?
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 9:28 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I'm proud to be white, have a white baby, and only be with white men. With that Said, I've never really encountered racism towards whites, only blacks, and Mexicans.

judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 9:28 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I think the problem with White Pride is that people, just like with Black Pride, associate it with racism. If you are proud to be White, that's great, but if there is a side of bigotry and hatred to it for others, then that's where the problem lies. Many people are afraid of White Pride especially because the Ku Klux Klan and the Nazi/Skinhead movement have exploited the phrase.
    Gothiclovesick

Answer by Gothiclovesick at 9:28 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• And I'm proud to be white, with a biracial baby, and engaged to a Hispanic man.

Isn't this melting pot called the USA just loverly?!
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 9:30 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I agree with caitxrawx, I'm proud of who I am, but in no way do I think I'm better than anyone else just because I'm white. I'm just thankful for who I am and the family I was born into. I'm sure if I were black I'd be just as thankful and proud. I can't stand that ignorant white supremacy mentality. My stepdad was a racist, bigot and I hated his guts!

MemawBrie

Answer by MemawBrie at 9:31 PM on Jul. 11, 2009