Do you ever think about him and wonder?

For some strange reason here lately I have been dreaming about my first love. That has got me thinking about him alot and wondering what my life would be like if i were with him now..I don't get it. I am very happy in my marriage, I love my DH, I am in love with him. It's been 10yrs since i have been with my first love, why all of a sudden now? Any of u ladys ever do this, just wonder?? I AM NOT SAYING CHEATING or anything.. just wondering. Then out of the blue I saw him at the Wal-mart with his wife... he looked so unhappy and misrable, he wasnt smiling or anything.. I kinda felt bad for him. BUt I smiled, I am happy.. but sometimes i just wonder..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:30 PM on Jul. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• Honestly, I don't think I really wonder. When I think about my oldest daughter's father and how I thought I was so in love with him, it made me realize just how lucky I am. Just how much I love my husband and I wouldn't change a thing. If you are happy, I don't think that it is worth it to wonder. However, I also believe that it is normal. So don't be too hard on yourself, but just be careful. :)
    LaceyAM

Answer by LaceyAM at 9:33 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• yes i do-and then i found his wife on myspace. lol. actually-theres a story behind this. i was dating this guy for a year-we went to a party where we met this girl who he later started dating behind my back. drama drama and more drama later-we were broken up. they harrassed me and it was pretty back and forth. me and this girl had our first child the same year etc etc. i looked her up on myspace....she got bigger and they are now divorced :) so no-i dont need to wonder anymore. he beat her and cheated on her. so no big thing
    Anonymous

• yeah, i do. i think we all do. there are so many "what if"s in life and this is one that i think a lot of people spend some amount of time thinking about. for some it may be an occasional thought and for others it's more frequent. i've even looked up some exes on facebook or myspace just to see what they look like and what their families are like, if they have them. i'm happily married with kids and meant "'til death do us part" when i said it, but there's always something special about your first love.
    Anonymous

• mine came and found me and it was a disappointment

Answer by admckenzie at 9:48 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• It is fine. You are indulging in a little creative story making. You aren't yearning for him by any means. He is ex for a reason. I think of ex boyfriends with no romantic feelings whatsoever, but they were friends, and sometimes I wonder how the first one is anyway, he was a nice guy, and last I heard he was married with children. The second was more of an infatuation on my part, yet I don't wish him ill, and hardly think of him. Just because someone floats into our minds doesn't mean that we want them back.

Answer by Bmat at 9:57 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• yeah, i would say it's normal to think of your first love. i think of mine sometimes too. but i can't see him for atleast 15yrs. he's in prison. and i did have the chance to give it another try with him and the love was still there. it's hard to think of him because i know how i still feel for him. but like you i'm happily married. but it don;t hurt to think of thinks like that sometimes.
    mommyof302

Answer by mommyof302 at 10:17 PM on Jul. 11, 2009