A senator appeared on TV stating that Michael Jackson was a pedophile and instead of celebrating his life and grieving his death, we should shun him. Yet, I feel that as a United States Senator, shouldn't he say, "Innocent until proven guilty"? I feel, stating his opinion as a civilian would be appropriate, but does anyone feel he's being irresponsible, crushing Americans' faith in our own justice system?

Gothiclovesick

Asked by Gothiclovesick at 9:38 PM on Jul. 11, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I think its pretty sad that ANYONE would call MJ a child molester when he was never proven guilty. That is a pretty horrible thing to accuse someone of and call them when they were never proven guilty of the crime. MJ was an odd man that is for sure and his life will probably remain a mystery but to accuse him of being a child molester when A. there was never any proof that he did anything wrong, and B. some children have already openly admitted that their parents made them lie about what happened at MJ's just to try and get money. A Senator should know better to keep his mouth shut about what someone did or didn't do when the facts are unknown.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 9:42 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I don't think that one Senator can single handedly crush our faith in the justice system. Besides, I think the justice system worked in this case. I believe that he was guilty BUT I also believe that there was reasonable doubt because the child's mother was just as shady a character. They couldn't prove for sure that she wasn't in it just for the money and I believe that the odds are that she WAS in it for the money when she let her child spend unsupervised time at the Neverland Ranch.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:42 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Beckcorc, do you think the mother actually was letting her child be molested to build a case in which she could sue?
    Gothiclovesick

Answer by Gothiclovesick at 9:46 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Well I just spent the whole arguing this same question and I was crying all day at his memorial. Micheal Jackson was a wonderful man and wonderful artist with a beautiful soul and heart. Now that he is dead he is more at peace then as ever was here on earth. I tell all my people that I was arguing with who says it is right to judge Micheal for he " susopedly done" Is that not the man upstairs to do? And if people did there homework right one of the 13 yr old who said he was touched by micheal the mom took the little boy back to his rance to play the very next day. Now they do say that he paid 20 million dollars to hush them up but once again we are not supposed to judge him and that comment should have been kept to hiself but it is a free country I am happy and sad to micheal leave us but he left his wonderful music here and he can finally lay at rest peacefully
    GatorChick

Answer by GatorChick at 9:48 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• No grown man, other then a child's father, should have little boys over for sleepovers and have them sleeping in his bed. It is morally and ethically wrong to do so and any parent that allowed that is off in the head. Just the whisper of that alone makes one wonder exactly what was MJ up to. He left the black color of his heritage to become white. He had a fondness for nothing but white women as partners. He had white children. As it turns out, he was a drug addict. Blame can be placed on all the people around him, but no one makes you take drugs. This is not a person that should be idolized. If these same things were being said about a man without a voice and means, he would be crucified. In fact, Michael Jackson died a long time ago. It just took years for the body to catch up to the soul.
    Anonymous

• Why do people think that just because someone died we must forget anything and everything negative about them?

He admitted to sleeping with little boys in his bed. He had multiple accusations against him and spent over 20 million dollars to shut people up. He was a pedophile. I'm not going to lie about that just because he's dead now.
    Anonymous

• WOW I say this if you were in his room when he had the little kids over you can say whatever you want but I think that only God knows what really happened! The man just died and all the bashing and hating starts up again its bull!

R.I.P MICHEAL JACKSON! The hating will never stop. Sad.
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 10:25 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• He admitted to sleeping with little boys in his bed. He had multiple accusations against him and spent over 20 million dollars to shut people up. He was a pedophile. I'm not going to lie about that just because he's dead now.
    ____________________________
    Agreed! And I agree with anon :57. If any grown man asked to have my kids for a "sleepover" I would call the cops. Seriously. WTH, people. If it was all so innocent why wouldn't he invite the kids to a guest house (and their parents) to have them for a visit?
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 10:25 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• But, the question is, are you not "INNOCENT" if the court finds you innocent?
    Gothiclovesick

Answer by Gothiclovesick at 10:29 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I think our congressmen have more important things to do than worry about a dead celebrity
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:30 PM on Jul. 11, 2009