sex ONLY for procreation?

i recently met someone who only has sex to procreate. no "just for fun" stuff. her husband even keeps track of her cycle and basal temp. and will only have sex with her when/if he wants another kid. does anyone else know anyone like that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:42 PM on Jul. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• Isn't that something some religious sects do, like Hasidic Jews? Sex within the confines of marriage is totally appropriate for pleasure as well as procreation. God made you one flesh and expects you to meet each other's needs. At least, that's what us Christians believe.
    Gothiclovesick

Answer by Gothiclovesick at 9:44 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Whaaaaaaaaat?

What a boring life they must have.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 9:45 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• sad

Answer by admckenzie at 9:46 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• it sounds like a boring, sad, lonely life to me. =( i'm with the first reply- sex is for pleasure within a married couple's relationship. not having sex unless you're trying to get pregnant is just wrong on soooo many levels.
    Anonymous

• I agree with Anon 9:49.. boring,sad,lonely..
    Averysmom82

Answer by Averysmom82 at 10:01 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Wow...that would so suck. I feel for her.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 10:13 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• oh that's soooo sad!! who doesn't want to have sex just to have the pleasure of your other in that sexual way.
    mommyof302

Answer by mommyof302 at 10:26 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• i would be finding me a new hubby or at least another man who can treat me more humanly
    Anonymous

• strange cause the lord also wants you to have sex to bond or rather cleave unto each other. sex is for procreation but not to the extent this man is taking. the lord made our bodies to have sex to produce offspring, yes that is true(sex for procreation) but it's more within the confines of marriage.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 10:57 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I am Catholic and I would never tolerate sex just for procreation. If a man I was with had sex with me only when he wanted to have a baby, he would be served with divorce papers in a big hurry. Sex is a big part of a relationship, lack of sex has ruined marriages and relationships.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:13 PM on Jul. 11, 2009