• In the Spotlight:

Why do some people not agree with races mixing?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:47 PM on Jul. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I do not agree with it because I simply feel that each race should create life in their own race. You don't see cows mating with horses?
    Anonymous

• Because there are too many close-minded racists in the world.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:49 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Some people feel that mixing races will ultimately end the individual races of the world. In my research, this particular notion is held firmly by the White community and the Black community the most. Genetically, it is impossible to "destroy" and one race because the DNA will only come out one or the other, regardless of the child's physical apperance. It is a stigma that has been held on to for many centuries, especially in White society with such examples as the "One Drop" theory, that states, any White person who has ANY Black lineage, is therefore Black. This notion of course, is rediculous.
    Gothiclovesick

Answer by Gothiclovesick at 9:51 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Tnm how is it racist to want each race to create life in their own race? You OBVIOSLY do not understand what racism means.
    Anonymous

• BTW, cows and horses are different species. Humans are not. Dogs come in all shapes and sizes, and interbreed, as do horses and cows. That is not a proper example of why races should not mix.
    Gothiclovesick

Answer by Gothiclovesick at 9:52 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• As a product of mix relationship (white and hispanic) I find nothing wrong with it. It's closed minded people who have issues with it.
    Dylansmom32509

Answer by Dylansmom32509 at 9:52 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I don't agree with it only because I believe god made different raises for a reason, just like he made animals different, a duck CAN"T impregnate a chicken. I think that thou the Idea of mixing causing less racism could be true, it doesn't make it right.

Anonymous

• cows mating with horses doesn't make sense.... they are two different species. Its like saying a chicken and a donkey shouldn't mate... again those are two different species.

BUT people of all colors are the same species. Maybe it has to do with the Bible Story of Babel?? Or maybe its a status thing?? Like, from back in the slave days? Wealthy whites not wanting to mix with the black slaves? (though they DID!)

Really though... I don't know for sure what the big deal is.

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 9:52 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• If you want to get technical, we're only one race. The HUMAN race. We're all the same species, just different colors.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 9:52 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• OKay I would have to disagree I am white and my fiance is Hispanic It should not matter to you or anyone else what color we are as long we are happy and we keep to ourselves and that is not for you or anyone else to judge that is for the man upstairs. People do not like it because there parents and there parents taught them to be raicest my mom cant stand what I am doing right now but that is my descion not hers I think people were also taught not to belive in because the reglion says to not mix well at least that is what I was taught.
    GatorChick

Answer by GatorChick at 9:52 PM on Jul. 11, 2009