Male friend going though a divorce. need advice-

ok I have a male friend who is going though a tough time with a divorce but still has sex and spends time with his ex.. which doesnt make any sense to me.. what are your thoughts on that?
I have been trying to help him cope with all this.. and be there for him.. but whenever I need someone to talk to or be there for me.. he never helps.. he just ignores my texts.. he is definatly a conditional friends .. which has started to really bother me.. but I dont think he even would care..
what would you do?

So last night after hanging out with him with my husband and a bunch of our friends.. I sent him a text telling him I need some time away from him- .. because i can talk to him about his problems with her until I am blue in the face and he just goes back and has sex with her and crap.. so why does it matter? and if I need some advice he doesnt say a dang thing..
so he sent me a text back asking .. why and what did he do? I just ignored hi

Asked by MommySteph1011 at 11:39 AM on Jun. 22, 2008 in Relationships

• If he's a "conditional friend" he is not a friend at all. They made their bed... let them do whatever they want in it. Keep your focus on your family and your real friends.

Answer by crazysocks830 at 1:04 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• Leave this situation alone. This is sooooo not about you. Pull back. Seriously.

Answer by suzannekk at 12:47 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• OH I think you need to stay out of it. Maybe they will work it out. Would you want a third party woman all up in your husbands face if you were trying to sort out bad times with him? No, you wouldnt. If you havent gone through it, you dont know what they are experiencing. What kind of a friend says do it my way or stay away from me? Maybe he needs better friends.

Answer by njoynlife at 1:02 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• The bigger question is why are you so caught up in trying to rescue him? Are you hoping to catch his fall with your waiting arms?

Answer by halfpint_ny at 1:09 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• I dont think they are ready for the BIG D!!

Answer by fireflymom71 at 1:37 PM on Jun. 22, 2008