I stay at home with my 2 kids and I can't help but feel like I'm mooching off of my boyfriend. Anyone else feel this way?

I can't work because daycare is too expensive and I only have a high school diploma.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:01 PM on Jul. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• no - i never did. raising kids & taking care of the house & your so is a job.
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 10:03 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• You are in the same boat as me
    My boyfriend works and I stay home with my 2 kids also
    and I really want to work but daycare is waaayyy to much!
    effie777

Answer by effie777 at 10:06 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Do you feel like you're mooching off of him though? Anyone can cook and do laundry, I want to do something special.
    Anonymous

• Are your two kids his? If they are then you're doing your part by staying home to raise the kids. If they aren't, then if I were in your situation I would probably feel like I was mooching off of him.

Answer by missanc at 10:14 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• No. My husband would rather me stay at home and take care of things. It's always been an option to me, but since we can afford it, and I'd rather stay at home, I do.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 10:15 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I really do feel like I am.
    but the way I look at it as that If I am not watchin the kids he would not be workin and bringin money in.
    effie777

Answer by effie777 at 10:17 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• has he said anything to you?
    effie777

Answer by effie777 at 10:18 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I did at first. I used to make a to do list to prove to myself that I was doing something. But you know how I snapped out of feeling like a mooch? I started a Did and Done list. I would write down everything I did instead of what I felt I had to do. I started to see how much I did throughout the day, and I no longer feel like a mooch, and my husband has told me countless times that he would rather work out of the house then do what I do. Don't worry about it. A being a mom in ANY situation is tough and a full time job.
    LaceyAM

Answer by LaceyAM at 10:19 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I know what you mean, but I GUARENTEE you, that you'd stop feeling that way if you two were or got married ( I did )

Anonymous

• I never felt that way when I was a SAHM. It was an honor to do it and dh appreciated what I did. Of course he didn't appreciate me as a person or he would not have cheated...hence he is now an x-dh! lol

Answer by admckenzie at 10:41 PM on Jul. 11, 2009