Whats so wrong with 2nd hand clothes and walmart/target?

I was reading a lot of posts on here and was hearing some of the women on here talking about how they would NEVER put their kid in second hand clothing. why is that? what is so wrong with that? Also what is so wrong with target and wal mart? kids grow through clothes so fast wasting money on 40-50 dollar outfits that they may wear only twice is a waste on money! Plus my son wears 90% second or third hand clothes. What is your point of view on this subject?

ldc90

Asked by ldc90 at 10:08 PM on Jul. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• goodi agree w/ you.

scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 10:10 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I personally would not buy second hand clothes for my child. I don't care what others do but I would not do this.
    Anonymous

• I'd rather spend $4 on a shirt for my daughter than $30. That's my standpoint. I also do the same for myself. Last time I checked, our clothes were just as good as the more expensive clothes. I guess some people feel the need to blow all of their money on expensive clothing. To each their own. I enjoy not getting ripped off!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:11 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• nothing is wrong with second hand or walmart clothes and things, I saved a bundle from shoping clearnce racks and garage sales, and my son doesnt wear anything dirty or ripped up or stained. screw em, I take good care of my kids with out name brand shit!
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 10:11 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I COMPLETELY agree with you. I Just read a post and it actually infuriated me. There is NOTHING wrong with getting clothes second hand or from Walmart or Target. If you can afford to spend $50+ on an outfit....good for you. But a majority of this country can't afford that...and there is nothing wrong with that. If you can spend that much money on clothing for your child, why not buy a less expensive article of clothing and donate the difference to buy food for kids in need? I can't stand it when people stick their nose up in the air like that. Makes me sick.
    LaceyAM

Answer by LaceyAM at 10:11 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• There isn't anything wrong with second hand clothes.I luckily can afford buying my son new clothes but if i didn't have the money i would have no qualms using used clothes. In fact my son has a few pieces of clothing that were hand me downs from my friends when their sons were younger.
    Dylansmom32509

Answer by Dylansmom32509 at 10:12 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• most of the clothes that i get from my son is from richy women that would otherwise THROW away all the kids clothes, so i go to her home and get them,for free,(a co-worker of my moms) i think that its shallow to act like that
    ldc90

Answer by ldc90 at 10:13 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• i dont think there is a single thing wrong with it!!! i love a good yard sale, and hand me down's are great.. especially for kids from newborn-2y.o.( before they start wearing them down too fast) the grow so fast... i have a 1 y.o. boy for whom I have only bought "new" clothes for maybe 5 times! ... my 3 year old gets more new clothes because decent used clothes in his size are very rare. honestly why waste the money... like you said
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 10:13 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• If you can spend that much money on clothing for your child, why not buy a less expensive article of clothing and donate the difference to buy food for kids in need? I can't stand it when people stick their nose up in the air like that. Makes me sick.

I dress my child with what I purchase for my child. It is not my place to dress someone elses kids.
    Anonymous

• My kids have a ton of very cute clothes that were handed down from my nieces. Combine those clothes with the Target clothes I buy and they have so many outfits that I can't fit them all in the closets and dressers. People always compliment the kids on their clothes so I don't see any reason to buy expensive designer stuff. Sometimes I get things at JCPenny on sale, but other than that they get Target things.

Anonymous