I need to apologize..........anyone else?

Lately, when I'm out and about running errands, doing Mom things, I notice young ladies who are strutting thier stuff in cute clothes, with their flattering haircuts, nice figures, great skin, nails done, etc. I remember being that age and loving it. Nowadays, I'm lucky to squeeze in a shower. I wear nothing but oversized tshirts and sweats, hair is always in a ponytail, make-up to cover my bad skin, and I've lost that young spring in my step. Back then I would see women like me today, and think to myself, "Ugh! Shoot me if I end up looking like THAT....." I would say things like, "When I get older, I won't let myself go like HER." or "She should just sew her mouth shut to keep the food from going in." So, I apologize to all the women who recieved those comments, and if I could go back in time, I would slap myself for being so mean, naive and narrow minded. Anyone else?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:10 PM on Jul. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Uh.........hey, anon, what's your problem? I never said that I swore to my husband that I would trick him into believing that I would stay young forever..........but, whatever works for you.....

ROFLMAO! As if anon thinks men don't go through this too as they age... stinky feet, hairy ears and noses, more flatulence, pooch bellies... they have stuff going south for them too! But, with men it usually triggers some kind of Mid-Life crisis!

Gettin' old... it happens to the best of us!

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 10:53 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• yes. i too apologize.
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 10:14 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• although I never said those things out loud to anyone, I had the thoughts too. Wow! A lot has changed on me since I was a fresh spring chicken!

Boo-hoo-hoo... I want a little of that pizazz back!

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 10:14 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Glad to see you own up to what you have said, but I'm actually the opposite. I use to say that I will never be a made up Barbie doll. So I guess I'll apologize for that.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 10:16 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• i regret being that age and thinking i was fat and ugly. But look at me now!!!! Im jealous of all the girls who are skinny, pretty, and dont have to wake up 20 times a night with sick twins. :/
    But who cares. I have beauiful kids who love my beautiful 140 lb body :)
    dennysgirl07

Answer by dennysgirl07 at 10:17 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• yes yes i too made fun of those frumpy lookin moms and now i too am one...oh the irony
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 10:18 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• You should apologise to your husband for becoming exactly what you swore you never would.

Anonymous

• I've never had those thoughts, but I did look at moms and think "Why can't you control your kid? It's not THAT hard!" (I was a nanny and a daycare provider at the time. Now that I'm a mom myself I wish I'd never hat those thoughts! NOW I would never judge another mother so harshly unless she was endangering her child or hurting them in some way. I have my opinions on things, but I also have learned that things do NOT go as you plan or as you expect when you're a mom!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:19 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• My current confession is, when  I look at some women my age I think to myself "do I look THAT fat" or "frumpy" or "OLD"?!

I just spent $100 on junk from avon to reverse aging... but I don't think it is helping any! I still look like a fat, frumpy, tired woman, that needs a make over.

BTW- I'm 35

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 10:21 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Anon 9:18 your an ass!
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 10:21 PM on Jul. 11, 2009